Forcing to continue connection for 3 months when they did not provide the service when i actually needed

• Thread starter Thread starter sushil_dwid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 853
ISP
Airtel
I raised an online request to convert my prepaid connection to postpaid in December 2023 so I can use SIM during my vaishnav mata yatra(4th, 5th & 6th Jan 2024). I got an email from Airtel that connection has been activated from 1st Jan so i was happy that connection can be used during my visit to vaishnav mata yatra on 4th,5th and 6th Jan. When I landed to mata’s land, connection was not working; I restarted my phone couple of times but it’s ended up with disappointment. I could not make a call to my colleagues and relatives and it was totally messed up due to unavailability of Phone. I thought since the connection has not activated so when I will reach to Delhi, I will place to request to convert my connection again post-paid to prepaid again. I am happy to pay whatever outstanding is there on my bill but Airtel is saying to continue connection for another 3 month which I do not want to do. If they have not provided the service on my requirement why do they force me to continue the connection for another 3 months? I could not tell about the problems faced during my yatra due to missing phone connection and it’s damaged my reputation among my relative and colleagues

Airtel policy 90days minimum either prepaid or postpaid .... Port out if possible ....

When you convert online or without visiting outlet that sim doesn't work in J&K, but you can convert back to prepaid without any restriction, if they force request for UPC code for porting out they will agree to convert to prepaid if not then port out

Back