Frequent broadband disconnection especially at night unlimited hours...

• Thread starter Thread starter hafissayed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,300

hafissayed

ISP
Bsnl HOME 500 C
Hi,, I am having this problem of disconnection when i using the the net for say 1 hour or less, in the night unlimited hours, this problem is acute as it gets disconnected at shorter intervals of 30 or 20 minutes...please help..i am using a sterlite startax MT882 modem...there does not seem to be any problems with the connection...as i am able to browse without any problem...

Modem : Sterlite Huawei Ax MT882 Appears highly sensitive to voltage changes/ power failure. Even if you use UPS this modem gives trouble. Normally Transition time more than about 25 ms. Check up the Dynamic IP address when this happens.( Are you using model using adaptor output 9V AC 1 Amp or 9V DC ?). I remember discussing the same problem some months back in IBF.

@member/hafissayed/Check up the Dynamic IP address when this happens. Does it change ?Use OPendns 208.67.220.220. and 208.67.222.222. Feedback.

no dynamic ip doesnt change...ir is just that the link between modem and pc is lost adn they ask me to redial..btw am usin dialer ....

Hi,, I am having this problem of disconnection when i using the the net for say 1 hour or less, in the night unlimited hours, this problem is acute as it gets disconnected at shorter intervals of 30 or 20 minutes...please help..i am using a sterlite startax MT882 modem...there does not seem to be any problems with the connection...as i am able to browse without any problem...

Hi
I am facing a strange problem, everyday at 7 pm my broadband connection gets disconnected, it works fine for all the day, but once it is 7pm it get disconnected.
has anybody else faced similar issue?

Huawei modems are known to get heated up very quickly and it may inturn affect the normal operation of the modem. Verify if heating up is the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
there is a very powerful option for maintaining connectivity in "Imran's Broadband Utility", that is first of all it tries to "Not getting disconnected" ur connection, but if it somehow gets disconnected for any reason then the s/w reboots the modem to get a new fresh connection.
see here:

Last edited by a moderator:
essbebe,I have a similar problem with MT882. As I have an invertor for the house, whenever there is power cut the power is supplied by the batteries through the invertor. During that time the BSNL modem (MT992 using 9v AC/1A adaptor) disconnects and does not connect until the power comes back. I checked your responses that you posted a few months ago all the way to the circuit diagrams, but I did not see the later update if the MT882 worked with either 9V DC or 12V DC (1A) adaptors. The problem, I think, is that since the invertor voltage is around 200V AC (from the spec of APC invertor I have), I think the adaptor's voltage is falling way short of 9V AC at the output. On the other hand, if the same modem worked with DC adopters, this problem should not be there. Do you know if the Modem work with the DC adaptors (9V or 12V?)?

Do you know if the Modem work with the DC adaptors (9V or 12V?)?
I had given diagram/s for a circuit which works both with AC as well as DC input of 9V. ( to be on safe side !)
When you apply AC 9V to modem it is converted to DC ( the elctronic circuit Bridge rectifier condenser stabiliser/voltage regulator /fuse etc )
Final required Voltage can be 9 V /6V/5 V DC. ( for Beetel 220BX it is 5VDC)
The cheap DC adaptors 230V to 9VDC or 12VDC will show usually 12V DC or 15V DC ( OFF LOAD). with current requirement 1AMP will cost around Rs 250 to 300/= for testing only.
Even if connected to UPS some modem/s will fail during change over.
BEST OPTION :
So we can connect 12V battery with a 9VregulatorIC to MT 882.

I HAVE NOT TRIED IT! Try at YOUR OWN RISK.
I don't have UPS.

checked your responses that you posted a few months ago all the way to the circuit diagrams,
Please quote the links/threads.

During that time the BSNL modem (MT992 using 9v AC/1A adaptor).........
Confirm the leds glowing with normal brightness.

Back