• Thread starter Thread starter rimzim720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,256

rimzim720

ISP
MTNL_TriCombo_Unlimited
Hi Guys!!
I shifted from Airtel to MTNL last week and since then I have been facing extreme problems regarding the connection, it will just not stay and the max time I have seen it connected is 6hrs!! I am using the Tri_Combo_Unlimted plan with 256Kbps speed.
First let me tell u how I connect to the internet, the line coming into my house goes into the splitter then one goes to the modem and other line goes to my 3 telephones which are in parallel connection. I use a Beetel 220BX1 ADSL2+ Modem in Bridge Mode and connect it to my Netgear WGT624 router and I connect my desktop to the router and use my laptop wirelessly. With airtel this setup was working flawlessly but mtnl is giving a hell of a time!!

Called the Mtnl CC numerous times they told it’s a line problem, so called the lineman and changed the wire with a new wire and even got my line connected to a new Distribution Box nearer to my home (the earlier one was a bit farther from my house) still no luck the adsl light would go out and come back again causing disconnections!!!
Bought a new D-Link GLB-502T modem but that did not help also, got a MTNL provided modem(MT882) from my friends place thinking it would help still no luck the connection would not stay at all!!
called MTNL CC again they now say go to your exchange and speak with the area manager, so went there on first day I met with the SDO he directly phoned the lineman of my area and told him to change the pairing with a new pairing socket but this made the connection worse!! So got it changed back as it was earlier, went there second day too now the SDO said nothing more could be done!! So went to meet the SDE and Area Manager they took my e-mail id and said they will mail the NOC guys at kidwai bhawan regarding my problem and e-mail me back if anything happens. Still waiting for their reply!!

Today I changed the splitter thinking it would be the issue but nopes no luck still, so I changed the Beetel modem to pppoe mode to check if there is any issue arising due to the router??

Guys I would like help from your side I pasting a screenshot of my ADSl details from my modem and please analyze this and tell me if there is any problem in it!!

I would be highly thankful if you highly experienced guys can help me!!
http://imageshack.us
http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=80&i=adslfy8.jpg

your line rates r fine..i dont see any probs wid it..did u try poppe mode???

yes, I tried and no use it still disconnects and stays for max 30mins only!!now wat to do!!today i got a call from the technician who looks after the broadband in our area he said he would be coming!!letz c what happens!!Is it dat i am Syncd at higher speed i.e., 2mbps instead of 256kbps downstream??any ideas??

change ur ISP...m also using itit is a birth problem of MTNL in new delhi in several areas......:wall:..m getting 200 bytes speed in 256 Kbps plan...:wall:

no man cant change ISP due to MTNL's super speeds!! n I mean it!!n i dont know why u r gettin such low speeds!! must b a serious problem plz get it checked!! n hope for best

Back