MTNL Delhi Frequent disconnects on new Freedom 1495 plan

ISP
MTNL
Guys, please help.

I recently switched from a 2 Mbps MTNL plan to an 8 Mbps plan (Freedom 1495). I have been using the same WiFi modem since the past 5 years (model: DNA-A212, provided by MTNL).

Since I have moved to the new plan, my connection has been disconnecting a lot. This is not a machine issue since I am facing the issue on my Macbook, my phone and my Windows machine as well. Even if the 4 lights on my modem are stable (including ADSL), my internet disconnects a lot while using WiFi. I am not sure if the same will happen if I use a wired connection from my modem to my laptop.
It is not a WiFi-range issue since I am sitting right next to the modem.

When the internet is working, I do get 8 Mbps speed. Here is a screenshot.
xWMN48g.png

What could be the possible problem and would buying a new router/modem help? If so, please suggest a good model.

Thanks,
Tushar

Last edited:
Post your line stats.
Snr should be more than 20 for a stable 8mbps connection. Also line attenuation should be lower than 15.
I have 26SNR and 15Line Attenuation, connection is stable.

Uh29Wjg.png

I am guessing this is what you asked for. And, according to the values you said, I think there is a problem with the line.
So, can I do anything about it? Would changing the router still help? MTNL guys keep telling me they have fixed the line but the internet still keeps disconnecting. I am guessing they don't actually do anything and now I am going to stick with "No, my internet is not working" when they call me to confirm. :\

Anyway, please tell me what can I do here.

Yup, your line is bad.
What is the distance between the local exchange (place where local servers are kept, where the line man sits. You can ask the line man where his office is) and your place. If it is more than 1.5km then i would recommend lowering your speed to 4 or possibly 2 mbps.
If it is less than 1.5km then get your line rewired, by looking at HEC errors it looks like there are many cuts/open wires in your line. Rewiring with a good quality dsl cable should fix the problem. There should be at max 2joints (taped) for good snr margin.

PS- Your attenuation falls in the 20range which signifies local exchange is approximately 1.4km away. 8mbps should be possible if line quality is fixed

I hope this helps :)

For rewiring, call the helpline or email them saying you want rewiring done because connection is still unstable.
They should get it done in a day or two and it should boost snr margin quite a bit.

Also, changing router won't help technically but you may try a friends router. I wouldn't recommend buying a new one until you are sure that router is the problem.

Hey, thanks for all the help. The exchange is around 2 KMs from my place. I'll still ask them for rewiring as there aren't any other options at my place to get a faster internet except Tikona that provides max. 4Mbps plans.

Till now, I have been complaining at 1504. If you or someone could give me an Email ID on which the MTNL guys actually read the mails and get stuff resolved, that would be great!

Thanks! :)

[email protected] and [email protected]
If you are near Nehru Place area you can also contact Mr. DC Meena (AGM Sales) at +91 9868132377 if after complaining they don't fix the problem.
Dont bother calling if you are not around the Nehru Place area (gk1,gk2 etc) because he wont take your request.

For someother area google "Contact details of Senior officers - MTNL Delhi - Customer" from that page mail/call the GM or AGM of your area.

I hope this resolves your issue good luck cause the freedom 1999 8mbps plan is perfect.

you can also try changing your modulation to gdmt or glite maybe that can help.
sadly my line cant even support 2mbps properly.
+ remove the first screenshot u didnt hide ur wifi pass

Last edited:

Back