From where mtnl broadband speed is set/ who set speed of broadband and how ?

karan_567567

ISP
599 unlimited
who has authority of set the speed? local exchange SDO or JE ?last two months i got 2mbps but now this month only 512kbps whhich is according to my plan.

who has authority of set the speed?

local exchange SDO or JE ?

last two months i got 2mbps but now this month only 512kbps whhich is according to my plan.

It's usually set in the DSLAM, whether this is in a cabinet or at the phone exchange (the DSLAM is essentially where your phone or ADSL line terminates and joins with all the other users in your area to the central office).

At Prabhadevi telephone exchange. If anyone recalls my small trip and changing speed myself on the server there?

At Prabhadevi telephone exchange. If anyone recalls my small trip and changing speed myself on the server there?

It doesn't have to be Prabhadevi... there are other exchanges around Mumbai as well :D

A little Googling could reveal this answer also: How does ISP change speed of DSL? - Yahoo! Answers India

Nop For all over Mumbai it changes in Prabhadevi ...Because i have visited Mtnl Twice offices and asked the Question to my friends mom .He work in MTNL so he told me to ask the Broadband manager of that Telephone exchange So he told me all the speed boosting and queries are solved or managed in Prabhadevi. Even you call babus line man he also told me the same thing ...he gave me Prabhadevi number !!

Ofcourse I was joking. Prabhadevi is one of the few major telephone exchanges. But initially when Triband started, everything was managed from Prabhadevi.

The mtnl broadband speed is set from prabhadevi exchange. I personally have the contact number of the lady in charge of speed change cause I have called them many times , they take about 30 min to change. Its cause when MTNL changes ur plan they dont upgrade ur speed immediately . U need to call them up to change it.

The mtnl broadband speed is set from prabhadevi exchange. I personally have the contact number of the lady in charge of speed change cause I have called them many times , they take about 30 min to change. Its cause when MTNL changes ur plan they dont upgrade ur speed immediately . U need to call them up to change it.

Yes, you call up Prabhadevi, but DSLAMs are managed remotely. Can you imagine what would happen if MTNL had to send a technician out to the local cabinet/exchange/DSLAM site each time someone wanted a plan change?

They send a command from their computer at Prabhadevi to the DSLAM which handles your line which tells the DSLAM to limit your speed to whatever - your modem can sync with the DSLAM at the maximum achievable rate but the DSLAM will only pass on data at a certain speed.

We are implementing a similar structure to our network whereby we can manage everything from a single location.

Back