FTTH performance, reliability and availability in mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter sunewbie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 13,090

sunewbie

Hello,I am currently using Hathway, but for change of plan, I have to personally visit local office. Also the internet connection will drop more option than may be a 8-10 months. I have 5 mbps with 5 GB limited download plan booked for 6 months (i.e. 30 GB) which is on verge of ending.I am very much interested in MTNL FTTH, subject to availability in mumbai, Kandivali West (Poisar exchange).I do not have a pleasant experience with normal MTNL connection with reliablility i.e. uptime, less connection drops, constant speed, but I hope FTTH will be a good one to try.I am looking for 10 Mbps, 12 GB monthly limit @790/-I have called 1505 and the lady gave a direct number of local office to contact. She also said that FTTH in home is possible if you have atleast 15 connection applications.Do any of you have FTTH ? How reliable it is ? Does it work well with wifi and WLANPlease anyone can share their experienceThanks Sunewbie

1505 will always tell u need 15 applications but actually 5-6 will do...... this I got frm my xchg...Speed looks very good frm wht has been posted on this forum...... Also it is reliable considering its fiber..... I mean my normal 2Mbps net doesnt go down for more than few hrs in a month on copper lines....It will work well with WiFi....... u can use ur Wifi router if u can configure or MTNL will provide theirs..... the fiber will go into MTNLs own router and then u can connect wifi router...If u can get 5-6 members in ur society then definitely go for it...... I am too lazy to advertise and prepare 6 members to apply in my society.....

Thank you @panzer008

I also managed to talk to a local office. Officer said that that I need to circulate a letter in my society about mtnl FTTH and then visit a head of FTTH in my area. He has powers to do necessary steps. Currently they are focusing more on New building and bigger buildings with many flats.

...... I am too lazy to advertise and prepare 6 members to apply in my society.....

me too.

1505 will always tell u need 15 applications but actually 5-6 will do...... this I got frm my xchg...

Speed looks very good frm wht has been posted on this forum...... Also it is reliable considering its fiber..... I mean my normal 2Mbps net doesnt go down for more than few hrs in a month on copper lines....

It will work well with WiFi....... u can use ur Wifi router if u can configure or MTNL will provide theirs..... the fiber will go into MTNLs own router and then u can connect wifi router...

If u can get 5-6 members in ur society then definitely go for it...... I am too lazy to advertise and prepare 6 members to apply in my society.....

If I can get people, who at MTNL should I be speaking with? Some particular position in the Local Exchange?

Thank you @panzer008

I also managed to talk to a local office. Officer said that that I need to circulate a letter in my society about mtnl FTTH and then visit a head of FTTH in my area. He has powers to do necessary steps. Currently they are focusing more on New building and bigger buildings with many flats.

me too.

I dont mind circulating as well as telling people.

If I can get people, who at MTNL should I be speaking with? Some particular position in the Local Exchange?

Just goto ur xchg, they will direct u to the person in-charge.

(MTNL) is a state-owned telecommunications service provider in the metro cities of Mumbai and New Delhi in India.******** I am first time visit this forum and found new lesson....

panzer008 said:
Just goto ur xchg, they will direct u to the person in-charge.
I went and had a detail discussion and they said they will come review and call me. I called and followed up but haven't got a concrete response as yet.

Back