Future of SUN DIRECT

• Thread starter Thread starter bgltv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,169
ISP
Tata Plug2Surf
Dear Friends, I just wanted to know why SUN Network is not promoting its DTH though it is officially launched. Are they concentrating only on SCV now. As Arasu cable TV has big plan to reach rurals and other areas in TN, do they want to promote SCV than SUN DIRECT? As far as Tamil Nadu, Other than Chennai many people depend on Cable TV and they do not invest on DTH though it is cheap. So, will SUN DIRECT survive in tamil nadu. ..or they make SCV available throughout tamil nadu.. Please post your views..

I dont know about tamil naad and madras;but for a Malayali,sun dth is worth the money-all malayalam channels(even if he buy in taamil naadu,karnataka or andhra) ,hindi channels(few,but like to see star plus et al),popular tamil channels are there? :D

Oh dude... You are thinking only the present situation.. As the channels they provide are very less, you may get all the channels you want. But it is their decision to remove and add channels when they want. As a big Network, why they still keep their mouth shut to promote its DTH services.. I feel they have some different plans.. If they want to make SUN DIRECT as successful, why Kalanidhi maran took much efforts on SCV issue. They can simply ask them to migrate into SUN DIRECT right... DTH has disadvantages in adding new channels unlike cable TV. In DTH, channels are always limited. and when channel count goes high, definately they have to remove some channels. How far you will say, SUN DIRECT is worth going? Things are always stable in this new world right?And i could see in some posts, Reliance is going to acquire SUN DIRECT.. Not sure how far it is true? Because SUN NETWORK is capable of running its services without the interruption other giant business. In case if Reliance acquires SUN DIRECT, will you stay with that? As All we know about how Reliance gives the service !!!

Oh dude...

You are thinking only the present situation.. As the channels they provide are very less, you may get all the channels you want. But it is their decision to remove and add channels when they want. As a big Network, why they still keep their mouth shut to promote its DTH services..

I feel they have some different plans.. If they want to make SUN DIRECT as successful, why Kalanidhi maran took much efforts on SCV issue. They can simply ask them to migrate into SUN DIRECT right...

DTH has disadvantages in adding new channels unlike cable TV. In DTH, channels are always limited. and when channel count goes high, definately they have to remove some channels.

How far you will say, SUN DIRECT is worth going? Things are always stable in this new world right?

And i could see in some posts, Reliance is going to acquire SUN DIRECT.. Not sure how far it is true? Because SUN NETWORK is capable of running its services without the interruption other giant business.

In case if Reliance acquires SUN DIRECT, will you stay with that? As All we know about how Reliance gives the service !!!

This problem is there for every DTH operator..Reliance going to accquire Sun Direct :confused:very good joke:rofl:..

Oh dude...

You are thinking only the present situation.. As the channels they provide are very less, you may get all the channels you want. But it is their decision to remove and add channels when they want. As a big Network, why they still keep their mouth shut to promote its DTH services..

I feel they have some different plans.. If they want to make SUN DIRECT as successful, why Kalanidhi maran took much efforts on SCV issue. They can simply ask them to migrate into SUN DIRECT right...

DTH has disadvantages in adding new channels unlike cable TV. In DTH, channels are always limited. and when channel count goes high, definately they have to remove some channels.

How far you will say, SUN DIRECT is worth going? Things are always stable in this new world right?

And i could see in some posts, Reliance is going to acquire SUN DIRECT.. Not sure how far it is true? Because SUN NETWORK is capable of running its services without the interruption other giant business.

In case if Reliance acquires SUN DIRECT, will you stay with that? As All we know about how Reliance gives the service !!!
currently scv has 5 million customers .....it will take atleast 3-4 years to install dish for all customers in tn ..... morever its also their prestige issue:P

SCV and SUN DIRECT are not one. The management is not quite the same. There is a foreign partner in the deal. So I dont think such bias towards SCV would be there

Guys, Are you really happy with SUN DIRECT? Is it not boring to watch only Reginonal Channels... How are you managing without STAR MOVIES, STAR SPORTS and all... Though we see other channels when we get bore with one, but we require some alternates when we need it right. I could see all people are happy with the Clairty of SUN DIRECT and the cost effective packages. I too AGREE with that. But still i feel i will miss sometihng if i go to SUN DIRECT. Now.. paths are getting clear. 1. Tata Sky reduced its STB cost2. Dish TV gives its connection for 4500 for for the whole year including STB installation.3. Relaince BIG TV has announced its packages . 350 Per month with 110 Channels. STB and installation in 1000 Only.4. SUN DIRECT 1999 only for the whole year5. SCV & Hathway - STB is totally free with attaractive packages.6. Buying a own dish (which is used by Cable Operators) is only 6000.. we can watch all FTA channels as our which.. REALLY CONFUSED NOW.. which is better :ashamed:

Oh dude...

There is no gurantee that a channel would stay in the dth package. We have seen TS and Dish tv removing channels at their will and also adding some others at their will. So in the end whether it is Sun dth or Dish tv or TS or local cable fellow no one gives us the gurantee that a channel would stay on their platform. TRAI should take note of this problem.

SCV fetches around 150Cr every year and that is why Maran is so much concerned about it. No one will give up a source of revenue just because they have other sources as an alternative :D It is like asking Reliance to give up Reliance moblie services because they can get revenues from Reliance DTH :rofl:

The posts you seen about Reliance aquring Sun dth was about that authors wish (the author hates Sun dth for unknown reasons) and it was not a news.

Guys,

Are you really happy with SUN DIRECT? Is it not boring to watch only Reginonal Channels... How are you managing without STAR MOVIES, STAR SPORTS and all...

Though we see other channels when we get bore with one, but we require some alternates when we need it right.

I could see all people are happy with the Clairty of SUN DIRECT and the cost effective packages. I too AGREE with that.

But still i feel i will miss sometihng if i go to SUN DIRECT.

Now.. paths are getting clear.

1. Tata Sky reduced its STB cost
2. Dish TV gives its connection for 4500 for for the whole year including STB installation.
3. Relaince BIG TV has announced its packages . 350 Per month with 110 Channels. STB and installation in 1000 Only.
4. SUN DIRECT 1999 only for the whole year
5. SCV & Hathway - STB is totally free with attaractive packages.
6. Buying a own dish (which is used by Cable Operators) is only 6000.. we can watch all FTA channels as our which..

REALLY CONFUSED NOW.. which is better :ashamed:

TS reduced its cost but still it costs Rs.2400 and Rs.350(per month)*12= 4200 per year. Total 2400+4200=6600!!!. I may be wrong .I am not sure whether I am overcharging for TS.

Reliance 350 per month and the stb costs 1400 I think. So 350*12=4200+1000 (your rate)=5200 per year!!!

SCV & Hathway= Rs.100 per month to cable fellow + the channels or packages you choose. So it will be atleast 107(including tax) if you select only one channel.

Owning a dish will cost only rs.2500 including the stb and cables if you go for a 6 feet dish and it is a good option but then you can't get Star sports or Star movies or Sun tv.

Thanks for the informaiton. But if own a 6 ft dish, SUN NETWORK is still FTA on C BAND? Is it true?

Thanks for the informaiton. But if own a 6 ft dish, SUN NETWORK is still FTA on C BAND? Is it true?

All sun network channels(except chutti, surya, kiran and u2) are pay channels.

Back