galaxy S i9000 firmware update error

There are two ways...

#1: Going the official way, upgrade thru KIES.

#2: Rooting it and flashing a custom ROM.

#1 will have the warranty but still the fone will be slow (believe me)
#2 Is dangerous, u can brick the phone. But once done its awesome and worth the risk. Phone will become blazing fast. I am presently on CyanogenMod which is really good. Previously was on Darky's ROM

I did #1 once and realised it was waste of time. Learnt about flashing and went ahead with custom ROM and very happy now. Lots of support is provided in the internet for this.

can u plz temme that what is CynogenMOD. it is custom rom. and one has to root his phone for doing so. am i right dude???

so wt kinda custom os is this. is itnot gingerbread 2.3.4 or something.....?/
explain me....

----------

And one more queation like to ask....

can one flash to another firmware after being on a another firmware (which is flashed from previous firmware as a upgrade)

ex. i have flashed my phone and upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.3 ddjv9 (india official) so if i want to now flash to a another firmware say gingerbread 2.3.4 XXJVR (european) so can i flash easily. and when i want to regain the warranty to can i again flash it to indian firmware.
i think we can but m confused.

let me know....

It is custom ROM, and has Gingerbread 2.3.4.

The thing is that all the features are tweaked for optimum performance. Great UI, faster response time and much more.

When u use Ginger bread upgraded from KIES, the Samsung TouchWiz UI will be on top of Gingerbread which makes it slow.

Further so many new options to configure ur phone are provided, u need to check it once to understand it. Do google it and watch it how the UI looks on Youtube videos.

----------

You can flash any firmware. Do take the backup of original firmware or get it from internet.

U can flash to the original firmware to claim any warranty.

thanks moindear for the info. SO basically ur saying that....cynogenMOD is pure andriod 2.3.4 and doesn not have samsung layer on it.? and that is much better then i guess?? is it so..??and btw how do i take the backup of my firmware i do have a gingerbread 2.3.3 ddjv9 firmware file on my PC. would that be ok to regain the warranty??let me know....

CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread

Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers

----------

Custom ROMs are pure Android versions with own customizations (tweaks).

When I tried Darkys ROM, U can prepare ur own ROM by selecting the individual firmware (It was part of Darkys Kitchen). Seems that the site is dead as of now. Lemme search for u.

Generally popular ROMs have the best firmware and features so you can directly go for them.

----------

Maybe if you want specific firmwares, u can flash it through ODIN like this...

XXJVR - Download and Install Guide for Latest Galaxy S i9000 Firmware. | The Android Soul

thanks yar for the links. so as if now these roms have better speeds and what about stability. are they really stable.?? i mean do they act crazy at times or wen on full load?so if i want to do go to cynogenmod. i will have to root my phone or just flash it??neways i havent reaserched custom rom for my phone much so m eager. lemme just go through google and see if i can proceed with it. vl let you know...for the help.thanks in advance!!

You need to root it and then flash it99% the phone is safe and Galaxy S is an unbrickable device. But still it can happen, so be careful...Once u flash a ROM, u will enjoy the process and will start experimenting a lot.All the best!

ok thanks!!

----------

hey guys
i wana update ma s1 firmware to the latest gingerbread 2.3.4 XXJVR.

so should i update my phone from downloading the firmware from-

samfirmwares.com (file size- 162mb)
or
theandriodsoul (file size- 229mb)
or

androidadvices (file size- 247mb)

which firmware file should i go for. every file has diffrent size so which one is original...... m confused...??

Back