Getting Inconsistent Speed Bumps, Is BSNL planning an upgrade?

• Thread starter Thread starter StandAlone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,831

StandAlone

ISP
BSNL
From the last two days I have been getting incosnsitent speed bumps from time to time. I have a 512 UL connection and every now and then the speeds jumps to 100KB/s for a while before returning to the normal 61KB/s. Could BSNL be planning to upgrade their users, hopefully :cool2:

this happens to me often on my 256kbps UL connection. speed bumping to 70 for a while before returning to 27-32 range. it started around a month back. i ignored it thinking it to be some server tweaking at exchange or some noob has done some stupid setting for this wave pattern of speed...

So, I am not the lone person experiencing such speed burst.I used to get such burst and the spped from link-removed download is going between @ 45 to 60kBps.This happens after the recent double speed offer. Think BSNL is makin some upgrade.... Forum members pls share any info if you have some.Shreeraman

It happen when there is buffering. Some parts of the file get download and the torrent client or download manager download from this cache. As a result in the bandwidth meter we see spikes. I has very little to do with setting at your exchange.

Its not buffering, I use DU Meter and it has never been like this before, files are downloading faster as well.

Happening to me as well now. Speed bumps upto 120kb/sec for atleast 3 to 4 seconds and then coming slowly down to 30-33 range...

If it happens to me, I won't complain. In fact they can make it permanent. :)

Here is my SAD story. I've never getting speed beyond 100-130 kBps with my new connection of Home 500C (upto 2 MBPS)
See the pattern of network traffic, its so UP/DOWN that I've fadeoff with BSNL now.

@uprpradhan, Your speed hugely depends on your seeds as wellTry to download something from Microsoft website with a Download manager and notice your speed.

Back