Getting poor wifi coverage with TP-Link W8961ND

• Thread starter Thread starter prasad49
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 9,093
ISP
BSNL
Hi everyone,
Very recently I bought TP-Link W8961ND Modem-router after going through lot of positive reviews. I have configured the modem for my BSNL Broadband.
Internet is working fine without any disconnection. Now the problem is Wifi signal drops drastically. When I move out of the room where I kept the modem, all the signal bar drops. Even when I am in front of the Modem (a feet away) there will be drop in signals. And I have checked the channels. all the channels are unused.
Do I have to change any settings to overcome this problem or its a hardware issue?
I am using PPPoE mode.
Please help me

can you show what Wireless settings you have set.
Channel:Mode:Channel Width:Max Tx Rate:
and from advanced wireless
Transmit Power: High Middle LowBeacon Interval : (40-1000) RTS Threshold: (1-2346) Fragmentation Threshold: (256-2346) DTIM Interval: (1-255)

ghpk said:
Channel:
Mode:
Channel Width:
Max Tx Rate:
Transmit Power: High Middle Low
Beacon Interval : (40-1000)
RTS Threshold: (1-2346)
Fragmentation Threshold: (256-2346)
DTIM Interval: (1-255)
Thank You for the response. Please expect a delay in posting the settings as I am currently in office. Will update you once I reach home.
ghpk said:
Channel:
Mode:
Channel Width:
Max Tx Rate:
Transmit Power: High Middle Low
Beacon Interval : (40-1000)
RTS Threshold: (1-2346)
Fragmentation Threshold: (256-2346)
DTIM Interval: (1-255)
I dunno where to see Max Tx Rate in Router Homepage.
I am posting a screenshot for the remaining details.
Please tell me if i need to change any settings.

I am sorry but i cannot view that tiny Image
can you please re-post a bigger image,
if thats resized by your image host, please use www.imgur.com what we all use on this forum.

ghpk said:
I am sorry but i cannot view that tiny Image
can you please re-post a bigger image,
if thats resized by your image host, please use www.imgur.com what we all use on this forum.
Sorry for the inconvenience.. I will Post the values here..
Channel: 11 Mode: 802.11b+g+nChannel Width: 20/40 MHzMax Tx Rate: Sorry Don't know where to see this.and from advanced wirelessTransmit Power: High Beacon Interval : 100ms (range: 20~1000)RTS/CTS Threshold: 2347 (range: 1500~2347)Fragmentation Threshold: 2346 (range: 256-2346, even numbers only)DTIM Interval: 1 (range:1-255)

Are you on the latest firmware? Just to see what happens, can you try changing wireless mode to 802.11n & Channel Width to 20 MHz?
Also, the sake of additional security, I would set Use WPS to Off.

@uberjon. Thank you for the reply.
Yes I am using the latest firmware. I will try out ur suggestion and will get back
@uberjon. I tried ur suggestion. But no luck.

change to 802.11n mode
& manually change the channel from Channel 11 to 3 ( on N, on 40MHz, only 3, 11 are non-overlapping channels.)

I am unable to select 802.11n mode in the dropdown. I am able to select all other mode like 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11b+g, 802.11g+n, 802.11b+g+n.
But not 802.11n alone. May I knw what'd the reason

Back