getting slow speeds plz help urgent.

• Thread starter Thread starter vix41085
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,895

vix41085

ISP
bsnl
i'm gettin only 580 kbps speed. and my download speed is only 60 kb/s in bittorrent and direct downloads. i'm using Nokia e51 and connect thru bluetooth. plz solve this problem urgent.

Go to the site speedtest.net and test the speed.You cannot say the speed is slow based on the torrent speed....It depends on the seed,leechers ...For the direct downloads I have noticed that the speed is less.But if you use download accelerators you can boost up the speed upto 10 times....Try Internet Download Manager....Post the speed here....I would advise you to buy a data card if you are having UL downloads....

Bluetooth may be a limiting factor here - although the E51 is supposed to have Bluetooth 2.0 (therefore transmission rate of "up to" 3mbit/s), the actual transmission rate is often a lot less. I'd suggest trying it with a data-cable and seeing if there is an improvement.

i'm gettin only 580 kbps speed. and my download speed is only 60 kb/s in bittorrent and direct downloads. i'm using Nokia e51 and connect thru bluetooth. plz solve this problem urgent.

USB Cable make's a lot of difference. Even the tethering WLAN hotspot apps pale in comparison to direct USB connection.

It has been suggested 4 times out of 6 messages that, instead of bluetooth, a USB cable is used.

Please ensure that you read the advice given to the original poster, who also uses an E51 with Bluetooth.

If this doesn't work, we need to know so that we can suggest another idea to improve the speeds.

Back