Getting the connection questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Renny2077
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,690
Few months? People have been waiting for over a year.Me > 4 months now.

Not sure how this MTNL system works but my friend who stays in Evershine Nagar, Malad (W) got the connection within 3 weeks. Anyway u can never trust these MTNL babus!

I used to lie in that area (Evershine Nagar). Lines are pretty good there. I got connection in a few weeks as well.

Usually the delays are because MTNL does not have the modem/routers which are used at the customers end, I would suggest that potential customers should go & buy the required h/w and install it themselves (lot of help can be found @ this site), also save on the rent.:) I did this in dec 2005. In fact my a/c & login as created by MTNL over the weekend thought they never bothered to tell me this till I went & kicked some butt.

Well I have router from MTNL with me for last one year but no connection :( Got this router when I had connection in Evershine.At least in Kandivli Exchange they have a major problem with ports.

Before I applied for the connection I made the rounds to the xchange, met the div engineer etc for tech inputs. My friend @ goregaon opted to ring up his exchange which is 3 mins from his house, inspite of giving him a wo number they took more than six months. Its only after he raised his voice they admitted that they had goofed:). Actually some months back MTNL had sent an email saying that they had upgraded their tel exchanges and could take more connections, so I wonder why this delay for so many people

Well, I checked with the Exchange. They said they still have work orders from July and installation work is still going on. Which means, it doesn't look good for me. They say I might get the connection in January but I doubt that. Anyways, decided to go for Airtel BB instead and got everything set up in 4 days. :thumbsup:

Hi, I had applied in Octomber 4th 2007 and today is 28th Dec 2007 and still waiting for MTNL Connection in Kandivali exchange. When I visited the exchange last week, they said it will take minimum 2 months for the new wires they are laying to complete. So around 2-3 more months for connection. So total 7-8 month of waiting time for MTNL. :wall: I wanted advice on what other internet broadband service I can use for VOIP (Vonage). But I will start a new thread for it. Hope above info helps.

Back