• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,611

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
After so many negative comments threads, I would like to post something positive about Vodafone :ashamed:Last week I was performing online recharge of 95 for activating internet. But due to internet failure amount was deducted from my account, but didnt topup my mobile. I was thinking to call CC to raise this problem. But before calling, in 2 days amount got credited back to my bank account.So with this good experience, I have decided that for now, I would not port away from Vodafone. I may port my brother's Airtel from Vodafone though :)I would request Vodafone to continue their existing plans of internet with 3G aswell...Note/P.S.: I am just customer of Vodafone & not related professionally to it :)

Thats how the online payment system works. I have faced this issue a lot of times as I totally depend upon online payment to pay my utility bills. This has happened with me with various operators like BSNL, MAHADISCOM (Maharashtra State Electricity Board) and even Vodafone, Ebay and rechargeitnow. If something wrong happens, there is no need to call them up for a reversal, it happens automatically after two - three days. At least for me it has worked many a times without any calls.

Nothing special at all - having being involved in the technical side - I can tell you this is very much normal. Things work on a charge & settlement basis. When the transaction/charge takes place Amount is deducted from Party A and credited to Party B. When it fails in between i.e after deducting from Party A, before crediting Party B. It seems that it has actually deducted, but internally - there is a settlement process which happens on a regular basis (may vary from x times in a day to once in x days) , where all charges are matched for settlement (actual exchange of funds). and when B says I did not get it credited , the amount is credited back to A.

yep.. i had refilled recently.. first i got SMS stating.. "thank you for paying XYZ amount"then after 5mins.. my balance still didnt increase ..but then i got SMS stating that transaction failed and money will be refunded within 5 days.. and i got money refund in 4days.

i am scared of using direct payments to airtel but mchek has worked fine for me wrt airtel prepaid recharges. third party services are often a better alternative to pay for mobile recharges. freecharge also worked great when i recharged a vodafone number using it.

The catch here is that there are more than 1 party involved, i.e. Vendor, Vendor's bank, Payment Gateway (like BillDesk, CCAvenue , ICICI & Citibank also have such gateways) , Payee's bank. So anywhere a failure can happen & mostly things are designed to correct on their own. But some goof up on someone's side may result in things becoming messy

if any transaction fails that amount is credited to that bank within 3-4 days,also i have observed that some chota recharge amount doesnt work,if recarged through vodafone shop,if its done directly through online banking it works for me..

when we send message for request for gprs setting the reply come instantly with the all setting .. but for same thing on tata-docomo .. it took me 4-5 hours ... so they are good in taht .. but they need to bring out innovative plans as they are bit rude in this...

Oh! I though it was Vodafone who paid back my money.Anyways thanks all for enlightening me about it :)

Though nothing to do with payment, after using Airtel for a good 6-7 months, I can tell you Vodafone is WAAYY better than this sorry excuse for a carrier. I have used AirTel on 2 different handsets (both Smart Phones) and the result is the same. CRAP. On the other hand, Vodafone is superb. No wonder they charge a bomb for their services. It is justified. If only they could hire some good CC as the current lot is worst than bad.

Back