Google Discover (Google Suggest, Google Feed, Google Now, Google App)

yup. i use it multiple times every day. it also saves me from ending up with hundreds of screenshots synced to my drive account.

Precisely the same reason why I, and I assume everyone uses it (aah... used it).
Maybe they are gradually modifying the app to suit the new 'Assistant'. But they could have still kept the screenshot feature, maybe in the 'three dot' menu in the bottom bar.

An insanely stupid move by Google indeed. May not seem important to people, but those who used this feature will definitely be annoyed.

I guess Power Toggles may have a screenshot tile, but it will be the native system screenshot thing i.e. capturing and storing the screenshot.

If you manage to stumble upon an app that offers something similar to Now On Tap's screenshot feature then please let me know. :)

Phew! Good to see that it's present in the beta (for now, at least).
Surprising that the feature is present in a higher version.

Maybe they removed it from the current stable build erroneously!

vnpuJna.webp
Xplu6AE.webp
S3VUtRp.webp

Last edited:
Rolling out in USA today. Would expand in coming days.

Google app is getting a smarter, more personalized feed starting today, thanks to machine learning

Content aggregation for your feed is getting a bit of an upgrade. While cards in the feed were already personalized to your own Google searches and interests, they're now also based on trending news in your area and globally. Of course, it's still based on any interests you may have (in the GIF above, for example, photography and fitness), but this adds another element to the feed. And if you don't like a particular topic, you can simply unfollow it.

I think this replaces Google Now.

Back