Google is evil.to close google video on april 29

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,275
W

warthog

PURE EVIL SCUM.Imagine one day google says we are shutting down youtube.Someone in USA file a injunction ASAP.

My conspiracy videos will be no more:cry:
http://video.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=1233300&hl=en
Uploaded video content no longer available

On April 29, 2011 videos that have been uploaded to Google Video will no longer be available for playback. We’ve added a Download button to the Video Status page, so you can download videos that you want to save. If you don’t want to download your videos, you don’t need to do anything. (The Download feature will be disabled after May 13, 2011.)
How do I download videos that I've uploaded?

On the Video Status page, click Download Video located on the right side of each of your videos in the "Actions" column.Once a video has been downloaded, an "Already Downloaded" message will appear. If you have many videos on Google Video, you may need to use the paging controls located on the bottom right of the page to access them all.

They ought to shut down Google Video one day anyway as their Youtube service is more popular service now.

this was announced a couple of days ago. google is allowing video uploaders to download the copy if they want to move them to youtube.

Since both the services are their own, they really should provide an option to 'migrate' from Google Video to YouTube. Those who want the feature would use it.

@warthoggoogle had shutdown google videos long back. because it had stopped allowing uploads..so effectively it means end.and google is turning evil...agree.. but shutting down a service for better does not prove it to be evil... bring on better proof and in the meantime relax! :D

he has not heard that yahoo is killing yahoo buzz. just the latest of their services being killed. he should also complain about that.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

i am of course surprised that google is not offering automatic migration of content from google videos to youtube. that is sort of strange. i think i have some videos stored on google videos. not concerned about them though.

Back