Google killing free legacy Google Apps accounts on May 1, 2022

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,813
Sundar Pichai:

CWHEmpP.gif

so... google is very confusing.

here's the situation. i have a legacy account with around 10 ids. 3-4 of them are using more than 30GB space.
i upgraded this account to business starter plan which has 30GB space.
google did not show anything on how much would cost when payments starts happening.
it also did not show what happens to the accounts using 30GB space. there are no warnings anywhere stating that some accounts are already over the limit.
my question is...

can i selectively upgrade the 30GB accounts to the next tier which has 2TB storage space in them and pay more just for those accounts? or do i have to upgrade the base package which would basically cost me 2TB money on all user accounts?

very confusing tbh.

Last edited:
cool. but when do i even get the option to do that even lol.

i assumed it would check all accounts at the time of upgrade and mark the overlimit accounts and ask me to upgrade them while setting up the account upgrade! but nothing. it just accepted card details. confirmed that it supports auto renewals. and done. no estimated pricing or anything else.

august 1 would be fun now i suppose.

i really should have just found a reseller in india who would have been able to provide clear details on what happens when. anyhow. should be fun.

if this turns out to be painful to manage, i might end up trying to just convince the folks in this group that use webmail to get used to a desktop client and migrate these ids away from google. hover was a great option but sadly they do not offer any direct support for migration of inboxes. support is pretty rude tbh lol. it's such a messed up market for small businesses with basic needs.

Back