Google Nexus 4

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 621
  • Views Views 45,875
chromaniac said:
I think Nexus 4 launch on Google Play can happen any day now. Google is just targeting the Apple's iPhone launch event scheduled for September 10.
Nexus 4 launch on Google Play as in on Google Play India?
I feel it's unlikely tbh. But I hope I'm wrong.
xerxes said:
with the fall of rupee, even importing now would cost nearly the same to what one would have got back in Jan-feb. I got it for 23k back then, now it would be around 22k.
249*69 = 17181.
And if some relative gets it for you, then that's the price you got to pay.
And ya, shipping charges are there for some areas in US. So the cost would be around $274 which would mean somewhere between 18.5 to 19K.

Taxes and Shipping are additional. Adds around 35-40 dollars. Both Flipkart and Amazon are running dedicated campaigns for Nexus 4 online. I can only imagine they want to clear their inventory before the price drop. No price protection in India.

chromaniac said:
Taxes and Shipping are additional. Adds around 35-40 dollars.Both Flipkart and Amazon are running dedicated campaigns for Nexus 4 online. I can only imagine they want to clear their inventory before the price drop. No price protection in India.
Taxes and Shipping are around 10% of the price I guess.

phew, atleast the re sale value for mine will still be for around 22k I hope. It's just been couple of weeks anyways. I will prolly sell this off when the new n5 will be announced.

Makes sense only if someone can get it from US. however for people like me who bought it here resale value will take a hit.

Only major problem I find in purchasing the item in current economic situation is conversation rate. Our dollar rate is very dynamic. We cannot immediately make use of a downfall in dollar rate with these credit card companies. They set the conversation rate to comfortable level of 70. In fact direct credit cards are better comparing virtual credit cards. Even in this current inflated dollar rate the phone is very much cheaper. But if we buy it if dollar rate becomes even 66. Which may happen very easily. We can save easily around ₹ 500. So buying at current dollar rate = throwing money in water.

Photoshopped image. There is no official Nexus 4 in that color theme.

The white colored version has a black front.

Back