Google Nexus Wireless Charger

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 7,459
Output of Nokia is only 750 ma or whatever but my Note II needs 2 amp, it would take ages to charge through that stupidboy charger :D

Right. Google Nexus 4 seems to have issues with Nokia chargers too because of low ratings. That is why avoiding them.
Congratulations! Order has been purchased!One step further towards bankruptcy!
So... How much have I spent?
Rs. 33000 for the phone
Rs. 1700 for the screenguard
Rs. 800 for the case
Rs. 5000 for the wireless charger
Total: 40500...
Still cheaper than Apple iPhone 5c.

I have tried cheaper screenguards. I just prefer Zagg. XtremeGuard uses similar material and is much cheaper but my experience it has not been very good.

mhsabir said:
Let me know if something comes that will wirelessly charge the mobile when it is in a specific range without having the need to keep on it or anything :peaceful:
This :pleasantry:

skip to 8:15

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be more than happy if they can make chargers/batteries that do not kill batteries if they are kept on charging for long durations.

Hey sushubh a few questions regarding the accessories for the nexus 5. Got my shipping mail yesterday and should have the phone tommorow morning.1) did your zagg sheild arrive? If so then how good is it and how much did it finally cost you?2)regarding the wireless charging pad, would'nt it be better to have one that has built in battery so that one could carry it along say inside car without the need for other accessories..saw a few on Amazon us qi enabled wireless inductive charging pads with 6000 mah built in battery in 50-60$ range3) your views on spigen neo hybrid dual layer case for nexus 5 around 2500-2600 ₹ on amazon.inThanks

If you picked the free shipping, the shipping can take as long as 30 days. No my unit has not arrived. I would probably get something applied from a local shop and use it for a few weeks.
Wireless charging pads are designed for your desktop. They are not portable chargers which have a totally different purpose. Wireless chargers are for regular charging. Portable chargers are for charging on the move.
I have no idea about the cases. I generally use Amazer's cheapo rubber material cases because they are flexible and do not cause scratches on the surface on the phone.

thanks for the prompt reply. Regarding the charger what i was wondering was why not to go in for something like you ordered ( nexus 5 charging pad) but also that doubles up as a charging bank. so it serves twin purpose and comes in the same price point .didnt bookmark te ones i found on Amazon but you can have a look at this one to get an idea
http://www.amazon.com/UPGRADED-LuguLake--Enabled-Inductive-Wireless/dp/B00E58BO4E/ref=sr_1_295?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1385305098&sr=1-295&keywords=wireless+charging+pad
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charger-Google-iPhone-Samsung/dp/tech-data/B00ENY7SZO/ref=de_a_smtd
there were others like this that auto cut off when the phone charged up fully to prevent overcharging

I wanted to buy a wireless charger even though it is overpriced and is not really wireless.
Portable battery chargers are cool but they are also heavy to carry around. I have a charger in my car. Portable one makes sense for people who travel a lot in trains or planes. I don't.

Back