Google Photos is ending its Unlimited Free Storage from June 1, 2021

Though I don’t have any plans to move out of Google photos anytime soon, am exploring other options too. None of them match the search capabilities of GP.
Came across MYLIO. Its good for local sync across devices, search by face or location. Can be a good photo management option. The free version is good to manage 25000 photos.

Would be interesting to know how much storage space I am consuming right now for photos in HQ mode. Would give an indication of what the cost would be if at all one is interested to continue using Google Photos by paying for storage. The lowest paid tier is 100 GB right?

Oh, I get this, cause I use Google Suite or Google Workspace or whatever they call it now (mine is a legacy account, free for life)

ERGl2uq.png

I am the manager of the account, let me see if it shows up in the admin console.

Google doesn't tell you how much storage you are currently using. It tells how long your existing free storage would last based on your past usage. God knows how they are calculating that information though.

Good idea, scheduled an export of just Photos. says it will take several days or even weeks as I am enrolled in the Google Advanced Protection Program. Said I would get an email when the export is ready. 🤷‍♂️

Back