Google Photos is ending its Unlimited Free Storage from June 1, 2021

Yes, takeout is the only option. Remember NOT to select albums. Otherwise it just duplicates the photos. Your takeout data will tell you the storage Space the photos are consuming.

Good idea, scheduled an export of just Photos. says it will take several days or even weeks as I am enrolled in the Google Advanced Protection Program. Said I would get an email when the export is ready. 🤷‍♂️

Export got ready yesterday, total size came to approx 21 GB

Pyst9MS.png

If they had a 50 GB paid plan, would've been nice, paying for 100 GB might be overkill for me. 🤔

yup. they really need to bring back pay for what you use plans. having no plan between 100GB and 1TB is pretty idiotic as well.

Find out someone who has similar requirement as you and add to the family to share your plan.

BTW, with the free storage going away, your space will fill faster than you think - since photos and videos take up the most storage.
I am already sitting at 160Gb of HQ in my Google photos.

i would be disabling backup on all home devices at the end of next month. i am already paying youtube ransom to google. i am not going to pay photos ransom as well.

It's more about convenience to me. I can find out any photo from my library by just searching for the content. And it takes me less than 5 seconds to do that. How do you plan to organize them after this? Manually create folders? Any server for storage or multiple HDD?

Back