Google Play Books

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 11,280
Omg

Amazon Kindle is great for other services as well. I think you can mail yourself PDFs and other filetypes that are converted in Kindle Books.
Google and others need to offer something similar!

Amazon directly sells Kindle in India man! Though they are imported so prices are on the higher side.

Yeah they do but they are selling a year old generation kindles which is not a ideal purchase. I don't know whether they are facing supply constraints or any other reasons but yesterday I confirmed with Croma & paperwhite is yet not available in India.

BTW I was searching for Robert Ludlum books on google play but can't find any where as kindle store has all and that too in the 5 dollar range. Funny to have Google Play with missing books or over priced ones.

I got mine from croma (the non paperwhite version) last december. The paperwhite wasn't available for international shipment back then.
Incidentally the croma price was a couple of hundred cheaper than the direct shipment from Amazon US.
All in All it's a great device to have and I've read quite a few books in these last few months. Only gripe is that it doesn't handle PDF
books well. That got fixed when I got a cheap Karbonn 8" Tablet for PDF's and comics and it has been serving my purpose pretty
nicely.
Both gadgets are great as e-readers though I like the Kindle more because of the e-ink display.

OK I noticed today that Google has cut prices on its digital listed price on Indian books as well as a few international ones. I had checked out a few Sanjeev Kapoor cookbooks and the prices are dropped from 175 to 122.50 and from 345 to 241 something. So finally Google is coming to senses.

Back