• Views Views 1,256

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel

Source

Project Soli is developing a new interaction sensor using radar technology. The sensor can track sub-millimeter motions at high speed and accuracy. It fits onto a chip, can be produced at scale and built into small devices and everyday objects.

Wow, this seems better than the Leap Motion device. Hopefully this isn't another Glass type project which will never get beyond the alpha stage.

glass went on to become a real product thousands of people used in real life :| and it worked really well. people were just not ready to embrace it.

Yes, thousands of people certainly used it, but Glass never came out of their alpha program(explorers), and now their website doesn't give me much hope: Google Glass Don't get me wrong, it was most certainly an amazing product, but it was ahead of its time, and the technology wasn't quite there yet(especially battery tech, other stuff worked great from what I've heard).

I think the reason Google slowed the product down(or put it off for later), is because of those incidents where people beat up Glass Explorers because of their eyewear.

Back