Got new Airtel Xstream Fiber connection, what are the next steps?

• Thread starter Thread starter _Dexter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 5,611
ISP
Airtel Fiber, Airtel 5G, Jio 5G
In general what should I do next. Like change some settings in ONT for better speed or consistency. I received old ass Nokia ONT G2425G-A router. Is it any good?

Welp, it's not even month since I got the connection and now fiber is down in our area. When raised complaint, Airtel says connection will resume at 8:07PM :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
with every fiber player, planned and unplanned outages are common and keep happening.
The worst is your net is down due to some other tech issue but because it's known outage they do not accept your SR.
This happened with me once and it was hence down for 3 days.
First day because it was known outage and they refused to take down SR.
When the outage was over I still was not getting net. Then after a delay of one more day they finally created SR. Then the guy came and fixed something in the junction box.

Upvote 0
well , switching to Dasan H660 didn't turn out to be a good decision in terms of reliability . Though , it allows to turn off radio and other options better than that of Sercomm 4221 SR.

I dont know how to bridge any router @joker1 . but are you facing any similar issues as my new thread ( check out my profile for that please).

also @_Dexter , you too ( please)

Upvote 0
here's the link

Upvote 0

Back