Got New Connection. Torrent Speed Help Please

• Thread starter Thread starter ashwinsid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,964

ashwinsid

ISP
DataOne
I just got a dataone connection Home 500 plan.First day i had a problem in connecting. The user name in my UT STARCOM300R2U had been changed to multiplay and i could not browse any website even thought my modem was on.Then i created a dial up connection and selected broadband. I gave my dataone user id and password and clicked dial and it got connected immediately (i guess this is what is called as bridge mode)?. When i connected this way, i could browse and i could download 420MB on UTorrent in one hour.Since i am a newbie, please do guide me on the optimum configuration for my modem and for UTorrent. I plan to download a lot during the 2-8 free time.I checked the many help-posts but i could not understand them.Please do help me guys. I will be very grateful

Get a free utility called Dataone Quality Usage Finder. You can check usage and do connection scheduling with that. Its easy.

Hi visnbm. I tried that portforward thing. But the screenshots are totally different from the user interface of my modem. I could not find the virtual server name. I am unable to do anything about it. Even now my speeds on utorrent is 30 KBps. First day, i had got 160 KBps and downloaded 420 MB in one hour. Now i cant even download 100 Mb in four hours. The icon on the bottom of the utorrent page says my port is blocked. It is yellow logo. before it was green. Please advise how to overcome this problem.

Back