• Thread starter Thread starter cst1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,240

cst1992

Old member
ISP
BSNL
Firstly, the VDSL and ADSL plans given on the BSNL page are the same, period.
Secondly, I noticed recently that BSNL had introduced 8, 16 and 24Mbps plans for broadband, so I decided to upgrade from my old ULD1400 plan. (4Mbps till 20 GB, 512 Kbps beyond). So I went to selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in, logged in(had an account already for my phone no.) and changed the plan to Super Speed Combo 1745 VDSL(8Mbps till 30 GB, 512 Kbps beyond).
No change in speed. None at all. Still my line rate was at 1996 Kbps down, 493 up.
For so long I was under the false impression that my line was capable of only 1996 Kbps. Today, at random, I learnt that my attainable rate was around the 10500 Kbps to 11000 Kbps range.
I put in a grievance, I got a call from the exchange saying "Phone chalu hai?" What a question. If I had said yes, he'd have hung up the phone. Back to square A. I said the broadband was slower than it should be. He said he'd look into it, and hung up. And never called again.
After some time, I got another reply from the exchange from a different guy, and this time after the same conversation, he gave me a number of some officer overseeing the broadband affairs. I called this person and he listened to my complaint, and hung up. He called 5 minutes later and started to spew all kinds of bullshit(500+ meters and you don't get more than 2Mbps; there's no 8Mbps plan, etc etc). So I asked him some technical questions, which he couldn't answer, and so I asked him the number of the guy who he talked to. He gave me these two numbers:
0712-2557071
0712-2561128

These are the numbers of NIB.
I called the guy(first number), and he asked me my phone number. I told him the number, and that I had the 1745 plan and should be getting 8Mbps.
He talked to someone for sometime and told me that he'd adjusted the speed.
I checked, and indeed, I'm now getting 7996 down, 974 up.

So, moral is, if you are getting lesser than you should, and you live in Nagpur, and you have an attainable rate more than the speed of the plan, call these numbers to get it adjusted.

With that I have to go. Gotta enjoy my new speed!

P.S. Some side effects are that my attainable rate is now higher(15000 Kbps), but my SNR margin is lower(16 down from 24 dB).

so u don't need vdsl modem for that plan ?

Back