Gravity (Sandra Bullock, George Clooney)

Pretty fucking awesome. I don't care about the lack of story of whatever. It was an amazing movie. I think I enjoyed it much more than Life of Pi which is saying something.

Great movie. Story was minimal, but 3D was just Awesome!
Really felt debris hitting me during climax scene :)

lol. it was the debri that made 3d so spectacular. :D space was space. all black. :P
i have to admit, the visuals were breathtaking. i wish i had seen this movie in a better quality theater with better glasses.
the movie is apparently doing so well here in gurgaon that it was an almost houseful for the thursday night show! we booked tickets one hour in advance and we had to sit on the third row from the front!
i cannot imagine how they filmed it all. the entire movie is shot in zero gravity which makes it an extraordinary feet. freaking amazing really.

Yes, I heard too from 1 Astronaut who was just jumping and doing nothing. He was first to get killed by debris with his face smashed. His name sounded like Indian/Asian.

Paul Sharma (voice) as Shariff Dasari. :)
Wikipedia also tells me that Robert Downey Jr. was originally cast in the lead role.
Female leads? Angelina Jolie, Marion Cotillard, Scarlett Johansson, Blake Lively and even Natalie Portman.
I think the lead actors were perfect for the role. Really loved the conversation between Clooney and Bullock. Especially the dream sequence which was pretty darn amazing. On one side you are confused how Sandra is alive at that moment and on other side you are happy to see Clooney back!

‘American Hustle’ and ‘Gravity’ Lead Oscar Field - NYTimes.com
Conventional wisdom held true on Thursday as the comedic drama “American Hustle,” the space adventure “Gravity” and the searing historical drama “12 Years a Slave” received the most nominations.“American Hustle” received 10 nods, including best director, for David O. Russell, and for three of its actors: Christian Bale (best actor), Amy Adams (best actress) and Jennifer Lawrence (best supporting actress.)“Gravity,” also a best picture nominee, tied with 10, including for best direction and best actress, but more of its overall attention came from lesser categories.

Back