• Thread starter Thread starter tech_enthu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,229

tech_enthu

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
Tata Sky claims to have hooked million subscribers in 12 months, a record not achieved by any company anywhere in the world. Why dishtv is not publishing its customer population? may be TRAI must insist on dth companies to reveal the growth data as it does with mobile companies. This data will be required when they want to regulate pricing.

Tata Sky claims to have hooked million subscribers in 12 months, a record not achieved by any company anywhere in the world. Why dishtv is not publishing its customer population?

may be TRAI must insist on dth companies to reveal the growth data as it does with mobile companies. This data will be required when they want to regulate pricing.

Dear Tech_enthu,
A few days back there was an article in ecomic times about the total subscriber base for all dth...just for your information Dishtv now has 2.2 million subscriber base. and its going to grow with much faster rate as compared to tata sky.

I was referring to dishtv not disclosing the number of subscribers; press report quoting company spokesperson may not give true figures. Of course, there is no doubt that dishtv has more subscribers. But, has dishtv added a million subscribers in the past 12 months?

I don't think the no. of subscribers for TSky are 1 million. They have originally planned for 1 million in one year not sure if they achieved it. Their media campaign is an eye wash as usual.BTW Dish TV has more than 2 million subscribers but it has positioned its campaign on the no of channels (170).

I don't think the no. of subscribers for TSky are 1 million. They have originally planned for 1 million in one year not sure if they achieved it. Their media campaign is an eye wash as usual.

BTW Dish TV has more than 2 million subscribers but it has positioned its campaign on the no of channels (170).

Dear Rishi,
I don't think only no.of channel has done so much but in fact apart from No. of channels dish tv is offering alot more and they are Campaigning on that only ....like launch of VGA Product....More payment option ( ties up with Oxigen) Product feature like more MOVIE ON DEMAND OPTION (Hollywood also) active services etc.

We now have close to 7 million dth subscribers (3.5 - DD direct, 2.5 dishtv, 1 - Tata Sky). Entry of tatasky has only expanded the market and has not eaten into dishtv. With more players entering in the near future, the market is bound to explode. The existing players may lose market share, but in terms of absolute numbers of new connections, they will benefit - as in case of automobiles, mobiles, and consumer durables. Of course to survive, they have offer more to the customers and at the same time, increase revenue per customer from the present rs. 250. Our mind set is different from that of westerners; it will be interesting to see how the dth operators will tackle this?

Back