• Thread starter Thread starter uchitshah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,266

uchitshah

Regular
ISP
MTNL 849NU
hello frnds,I am from mtnl triband mumbai ghatkopar (maniklal exchange).plan 849 NU.I have as facing one major problem from last 2 days.I am not able to access half of the site on internet.like yahoo, yahoo mail, youtube and all.my net speed is normal.I have even not change any setting also.Is it only I who is facing this problem or there is some else too.Thanks and Regards,Uchit

change your DNS.. visit OpenDNS | Providing A Safer And Faster Internet and follow the procedure there or search wiki or other posts... that should solve ur prob

dude even the website you provided is not working.half means seriously half of the website in not working.yahoo, youtube, opendns, iptorrent, desitorrent anything is not opening.I have even called mtnl helpline and those ppl are also aware of the situation and are blaming in yahoo and internet for it.man its feels like I am handicapped without this all.even website like firefox, firefox update, meebo, webmessenger of yahoo and many many many many more webpages are not opening.need urgent help ppl.:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

@^
So OPENDNS wont open...looks like a definite DNS issue!!
This will probably be the longest post here:redface: ,but u need help so .....
Follow CUT/COPIED/PASTED Instructions below from www.opendns.com=>

Use OpenDNS /WinXP

[*]Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
[*]Click Network Connections from the Control Panel choices.
[*]Choose your connection from the Network Connections window.
[*]Click Properties button.
[*]Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
[*]Click the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and type in OpenDNS addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.
[/list] https://www.opendns.com/smb/start/device/windows-xp/print Print-ready instructions
1. Select Control Panel from the Start menu.

2. Click Network Connections from the Control Panel choices.

3. Choose your connection from the Network Connections window.

In this screenshot, Local Area Connection is the only choice. If you have more than one, choose your default/current connection.

4. Click Properties button.

5. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.

6. Click the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and type in OpenDNS addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.

Please write down your current DNS settings before switching to OpenDNS, in case you want to return to your old settings for any reason.
Preferred DNS server address for Open DNS is:

[*]208.67.222.222
[/list] Alternate DNS server address for Open DNS is:

[*]208.67.220.220
[/list]

member/uchitshah/In TCP/IP check obtain IP automatically and DNS automatically. ( same in modem )Option 1: Probably you have a virus or malware now in your system.Better to run AV antispy programs and confirm.Option 2 : After ensuring no virus or malware/trojan/s etcIf everything was normal earlier, Try System Restore to an earlier date. Option 3 :Confirm Browser you use.If IE try Firefox or Chrome or Opera.Option 4 : Check In IE Options Internet settings Advanced /Browsing Javascript/Java run time enabled. Which is the modem router you use / and Operating System ?

hey me too, even i stay at ghatkopar, same plan 849NU (but i'm connected to an exchange in vikhroli) and have been facing the exact same problem since monday, same sites as well although sometimes they work but mostly they dont i dont think its a malware problem i've tried all kinds of scans spybot, adaware, nod32, all clean also i'm able to ping any site it just doesn't show in any browser (firefox, chrome, IE) also its not an MTU problem i tried lowering it but it doesnt help. what about other MTNL subscribers? oh, also it seems to be OS independent because i have a dual boot machine and the sites dont open in Vista or XP. opendns doesn't solve the problem either infact the site itself is one of the sites not opening, i got the ip's from wikipedia.

MTNL-Delhi? Ghatkoper is in Mumbai :pBtw from cpl of days, 2-3 times even i noticed sites not opening but after waiting for cpl of minutes, it started working.

@amish

MTNL-Delhi? Ghatkopar is in Mumbai
[/quote]PSTN Dial up -MTNL is providing CLI based Internet Express Service for PSTN users in Delhi & Mumbai. Access number for this service is 172231, Username is the 8 digit Telephone No of the connected telephone line and password is any character/word.[/quote]
says available in Mumbai and Delhi. Link given for details.
Checked Netone (BSNL)availability in Ghatkopar and posted update in my post.
about the scheme.
http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/cities_cli.htm

Back