Hassle free modem for BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter mandukes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,359

mandukes

ISP
BSNL-DATAONE
Hello Everyone,I am a new member out here. I am searching for a good modem for my desktop using ethernet.My ISP is BSNL-DATAONE.My OS is Windows XP Home Edition - SP2.I am presently using Huawei SmartAX MT880. I am considering to change it due to heating problem, as my modem on heating gets switched off and on cooling it again gets back to normal.I hv shortlisted the following modems ---(1) - D-Link GLB 502-T (2) - Linksys AM-300(3) - Lastly, back to BSNL but which type i don't know. I am considering the following parameters ---(1) - After sales service(2) - Hassle free installation and operation(3) - Auto connectivity feature (in case of power fluctuation ADSL disconnects and then connects again) , which huawei has.(4) - Less heat producing modem. I have gone thru the posts of GLB 502-T and AM-300, but all have a problem at the time of installation and during operation also. Moreover, the posts are old so i thought to post a fresh thread to know whether the old problems have got sort out or r they still present.And lastly which modem to go in for.........

Go for the bsnl Huawei mt841 (Type-4) or (Type-3 : same thing without the wireless card). I have been using it for about a year, no heating problems no disconnects. Don't go for the D-Link GBL 502T, It sucks (atleast for me).This model of huawei is far better than the mt880 you've already used (trust me, though both are from the same Company, there is a world of difference between them).Yes, if you'd like the modem to care of DDNS updates to dyndns.org or some similar sites, then it doesn't support that. Well don't be confused, you can use those services via your PC. This was only for the modem.Ravi.

Iam a heavy user of Data one.I was having Huawei MT 800 right from the time Broadband was introduced in Chennai.Only last week there was some problem.BSNL authorities immediately replaced it with another MT 800.So gofor Huawei,whatever be the model.

i have both modem tat u have mentioned in your post . MT-800AM-300both are reliable . i m using MT-800 since March-2005 and working flawlessly .AM-300 is also nice modem . but it shows weired ADSL Line STATs. but i dont have any connectivity issue with it . its just a bug i guess . +ve point of AM-300 is it doesnt get heats up like MT-800 . But i would say go for Linksys . last time i checked the price at CROMA ELECTRONICS and it was for 1579.

Back