Hathway Broadband - Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 67,273
With 3 years you should get some Interest lmao.

Found some pamphlets at my doorstep.

40 mbps unlimited @ 500.
Dual Band wifi-router free to use.
Hybrid box with 150 mbps unlimited @849, without box @800.

Basically, except the 500 plan, the same as pretty much what is mentioned here.

Hathway has updated its plan's for Chennai:

NFMUlAL.webp

It seems they have updated the plans few months ago. 200 Mbps cost 749+GST but I'm paying 999+GST (5999+GST to be precise since I'm on a 6+2 months plan). Even customer care is not aware of updated plans and they sent me the following when enquired.

ZelWUMJ.webp

Anyone got the new plans from their website activated?

Last edited by a moderator:
My renewal was due and I said I wanted the plans on website - but billing team kept refusing till the day passed. Then finally they offered what now looks like a retention plan i.e. ret.thunder for 699+taxes, but with 200 mbps

Retention thunder is on the list I had shared earlier. It is supposed to be 100 Mbps but the for some reason speeds are double the advertised one. There is no IPv6 so it is not individualized speeds. I'm on a 200 Mbps plan but I get close to 400 Mbps instead. It's Jio backend so loaded latency is horrible but I get full speeds everywhere.

15256579727.png

Double the plan speed thing is happening since last year. I still have around two months worth of validity. Will try 300 Mbps next and see if I get 600 Mbps instead lol.

Loaded latency being horrible is not cuz of Jio, it's your own ISPs fault. RailTel who uses Jio and Airtel have good loaded latency with both of them.

Hathway blocks ICMP echo on their gateway so there is no clear picture and I can't see on which hop it's spiking. I have used Jiofiber, recently in my sisters place and loaded latency was not great there as well so assumed it could've been happening on their end. No such issues on my ACT and Airtel lines though.

@mhsabir Is your plan actually mentioned as 200 Mbps in selfcare dashboard or is it 100 Mbps retention thunder from the plan list?

Back