• Thread starter Thread starter vinay_kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 19,393

vinay_kumar

Techie
ISP
Airtel, MTNL, MTS
The Hathway Digital Cable Delhi and Mumbai packages advertise is very misleading. Our local Hathway franchisee (cable operator) says there are no such packages available. All the channels are available for Rs325 per month (with discount on annual payment, its Rs3800 per year).

So this ad makes false claims of Rs275 plus taxes for 258 channels when the actual scene is more than 10 channels were dropped since November 1, 2012 incidentally the mandatory digitalization deadline date which means there is no bandwidth constraint after abandoning Analog cable network.

Popular channels like https://broadband.forum/hathway-digital-cable-tv/83705-ten-sports-ten-cricket-and.html, while we still continue to pay full amount for the ever decreasing number of channels (total 210 channels from last months 220 channels).

The Hathway Digital Cable Delhi and Mumbai packages advertise is very misleading. Our local Hathway franchisee (cable operator) says there are no such packages available. All the channels are available for Rs325 per month (with discount on annual payment, its Rs3800 per year).

So this ad makes false claims of Rs275 plus taxes for 258 channels when the actual scene is more than 10 channels were dropped since November 1, 2012 incidentally the mandatory digitalization deadline date which means there is no bandwidth constraint after abandoning Analog cable network.

Popular channels like https://broadband.forum/hathway-digital-cable-tv/83705-ten-sports-ten-cricket-and.html, while we still continue to pay full amount for the ever decreasing number of channels (total 210 channels from last months 220 channels).

Channel choice as per packages published are being implemented fm Dec.

The same goes with the pricing of the "Hathway HD Plan" listed on the hatway website :: hathw@y ::

I'm from Cox Town in Bangalore and the my cable operator is asking me to pay 7000+ for the HD STB and while the website states that this includes "HD channels for 1 Year" and "SD channels for 1 Year". In addition to the 7000+, he wants me to pay 250 per month. According to him only the HD channels are free and i need to pay for the SD channels.

Could someone please confirm to me what is the correct cost, cause if its gonna cost 10k(7k + 250/month), i'd rather get a Tata Sky HD+ box. It will cost me approx 6500 to setup and 500/month. While the trade off is lesser HD Channels, i'd atleast get the recording facility and a better service.

@hathway helpline
Any news about new HD channels?

Is there going to be a software update to enable USB recording?

Hi Gopichand, on a different forum(indiamatic) you posted stating that the cost of the Hathway HD box is 4500. This includes HD STB, free HD Channels for 1 year and monthly charges apply for the SD Channels. Could you please confirm your source for this info and provide a contact number to obtain the STB at this price.

thanks

My source is: Shree Complex, 4th Floor, 73, St.Johns Road, Bangalore-560042. Tel : 080-41228955/56/57

The new HD STB price is now revised to 2299/- & HD annual package is available for Rs.2200/- incl STax. Whilst the earlier plan included annual SD charges, this has been separated now as SD pricing in DAS will vary fm person to person.

@hathway helpline

It's January now and still Channel choice as per packages not been implemented in Hathway-Mumbai.

When will the Channel Packages be Implemented in Hathway-Mumbai ?

Back