Hathway or You broadband or Honesty or Reliance thunder plan...

• Thread starter Thread starter varun120
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 10,793

varun120

Cult of Personality
ISP
Fivenet/1&1
I wanted to opt for Joister broadband. But, its been taking its sweet time to start in my area. I don't want to go for MTNL, i don't want to have a landline. I don't have fivenet or 1&1 available in my area. So, I'd want suggestions from you guys. I have following options..
1) Hathway
2) You broadband
3) Honesty
4) Reliance thunder plans ( i hope their problem might be resolved)
5) Tikona
Pls give me suggestion guys. I don't play online games. I want internet mostly for downloads and surfing. And, could you pls tell me which one of the above alternatives (hathway, you or honesty) cache torrents (if any). The isp should give speed as they have promised. People from outside Mumbai also tell your experiences with the isps.

Just a tip, if you're solely avoiding mtnl based on not wanting a land line, take a combo plan and don't use the landline.

Getting MTNL connection is a hassle, that's why my reluctance. Pls tell if Honesty cache torrent websites or not. Or any other isp cache torrent sites? I don't care about pings, my main concern is downloading and then browsing. The speed should be good. The isp with less downtime and which gives good download speed is what I want. Pls reply.

I have no idea about Honesty, wait for someone who has the connection to respond. I'd still suggest mtnl, given that you don't have the option of fivenet. I mean if you're willing to give rcom a try, mtnl is way ahead. Getting mtnl isn't really a hassle, unless you're staying on rent, wherein an noc from the landlord is required. There are virtually no downtimes, and 8mbit plans offer good speeds.

Dont take reliance they are rubbish and born robbers .. Im using You broadband now since 2.6 years and im sort of happy .. There was a major problem two months back when some cable was cut and they took a week to rectify .. They never told me what the issue was as call center had no clue and after 100s of phone calls to their office and threats to disconnect did they tell me about the cable cut and I came very close to disconnecting them but thank god that issue got resolved and they even credited the down days in my account ...
Hathway ive heard is very decent in south Bombay as few friends there use it .. No idea about honesty and tikona ...

varun120 said:
I wanted to opt for Joister broadband. But, its been taking its sweet time to start in my area. I don't want to go for MTNL, i don't want to have a landline. I don't have fivenet or 1&1 available in my area. So, I'd want suggestions from you guys. I have following options..
1) Hathway
2) You broadband
3) Honesty
4) Reliance thunder plans ( i hope their problem might be resolved)
5) Tikona
Pls give me suggestion guys. I don't play online games. I want internet mostly for downloads and surfing. And, could you pls tell me which one of the above alternatives (hathway, you or honesty) cache torrents (if any). The isp should give speed as they have promised. People from outside Mumbai also tell your experiences with the isps.
Dear Varun,
Thank you for enquiring about our Tikona service.
Please provide your details by filling the following link
http://tikona.in/subscribe
Our representative will contact you to schedule a demo appointment

Regards,
[SIZE=11pt]Tikona Care[/SIZE]

Can anyone tell me more about honesty and hathway? Does honesty cache torrent websites and YouTube? I've heard negative reviews about honesty. Otherwise my LCO provides honesty, plan of 4MBps 50GB@ 1100 bucks is enticing. But some isps cache torrents. It is important for me to get more torrent speed.

First of all, MTNL MUMBAI is the 3rd class network in the world ! I was using it on my mobile for voice calls & Internet. They are failing at both the fronts. Totally rubbish network, where no body is working. They are thriving solely on Govt. funding, thus they do not care for customers. This is s bitter fact.
Hathway broadband is little better, but their charges are heavy, breakdown is frequent, thus do not give value for money.Service is also poor.
Let's see when Rel Jio broadband is available in Mumbai.

My experience with mtnl is excellent whether be its service, connection hardly any downtime etc. Their only problem is the unexplainable tariff rates.

Back