Hathway STB Price slashed. Now for only Rs.600 only

• Thread starter Thread starter rkarthea
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 9,616

rkarthea

ISP
Airtel
Guys, I had ordered for the Hathway's STB with my cable operator a month ago. Finally received it yesterday and guess what - it costed me just Rs. 600/-.Model Number: ND-1200C. Is this a newer model? How new is this model?There was so much demand that the stocks got over a month ago just before I had ordered and it took so long for the new stock to arrive. My own cable operator has got 100 orders. With the price slash, it is selling like Hot cakes. It is a good deal with us customers in Bangalore not having to pay anything over the regular monthly cable rentals which we were anyways paying.Though I knew about all the features it offered through a friend who had already got it installed at his home much earlier, it was still very exciting to see it work at MY own home. I've connected it to my PC running Vista x64 Ultimate through Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150-MCE TV Tuner Card (OEM - Not available in India for retail).I have one problem though with this set-up. I use the HP's Media Center Remote that comes with this TV Tuner card with MediaCenter. I made media center Remote learn the keys of the STB's remote through IR Blaster but the problem is, only keys 0 to 9, CH+/- and OK got learnt. I don't know how to make it learn the other keys as I don't wanna use Hathway's Toy-like looking Remote Control( I must say a very poor finish) nor do I want to use multiple remote controls. If anyone has done this before please let me know how to do it. Another great feature about the STB is the EPG but Media center has its own EPG Interface. So, if I have to operate the EPG of the STB using the media center's remote - it ain't possible. Is there a way to mae the media center download the EPG from the STB and not from the internet? or is there a way I can operate the EPG interface of the STB using the Media Center's Remote?One more problem that I've been facing after Re-installing Windows Vista Ultimate x64 is that even before I'd got the STB, I was using the normal cable and the EPG was getting downloaded from the Internet (MSN India is the provider) but after reinstall it says, guide listings not avalable for the PIN code you've entered, this happens for any PIN that I enter. Though, this problem isn't faced by my neighbour. He's getting his EPG downloaded just fine. He's got the exact same TV Tuner card and the same OS as mine.Though this post has more questions than news, I hope answering it would be of help to many people like me. So, anyone who's dirtied their hands with these problems please share your experiences so the community is benefitted. Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Any way to get a black market STB?I'm asking this coz my cable operator is asking me to get a STB with all 100 channels here in Borivali(W)But I know after some time they will introduce CAS here as well and it will be as bad as Tata Sky or dish Tv making me pick bouquets or bad CC when i call for different packages

Back