Have I been double billed for changing my Fiber plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter sniper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,927
So, I have been using the Fiber Basic Neo (promotional plan) as a backup plan since the last 6 months at ₹530 (₹449+GST). This promotional plan was meant only for a period of 6 months, which, for me was about to end on April 30, after which the plan would have been changed to Fiber Basic OR Fiber Basic Plus.

On April 27, through the Self-care portal, I changed my plan to Fiber 449 CS378 @₹530 (₹449+GST) which is the exact price of my previous Fiber Basic Neo plan. The new plan came into effect immediately within 10 minutes & since then I have been on this plan.

Today, when I checked my bill (Bill hasn't been generated yet but the amount can be seen on the portal/My BSNL app), to my surprise, the bill amount is ₹1060, which is twice the amount of expected bill (₹530).

I was under the impression that on changing a plan the billing process is proportionate to the number of days subscribed for the different plans in a month. Has that changed lately?

Can someone help me understand why have I been doubly charged?

P.S: I don't have any outstanding amount. All bils have been paid on time.

It turns out that they charged the full bill for the current month in addition to last month's bill. Customer care said I won't be billed next month. Probably charging me one month rental in advance on changing my plan. Never experienced it previously though on changing plans.

It was always like this. On every plan change, 1 month security amount is charged. At the time of disconnection i had about 3.5k of security deposit.

@anubhav11 I have been a BSNL user since the last 13 years & never have I been charged a one-month security deposit in advance on changing a plan. I don't even remember the number of times I have changed plans but I've always been billed proportionally for the number of days I subscribed to different plans in a month. Maybe it's something that they started recently for Fiber plans?

Back