Have we reached the limit of inventions in technology

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 251
  • Views Views 22,882
i think this topic of faster than light has come numerous times in the history with proofs too. I have myself read one which was linked with quantum mechanics. But every time it has been explained keeping the theory of relativity intact.
In history 1000 of times people have come and said that theory of relativity is wrong act each time they were proved wrong that is the reason for a sort of mad believing in the theory.
In this case too the outcome will be explained keeping the theory intact and c will be preserved.

This exactly is what amish is telling......even if we find something travelling faster than light, the E=mc2 will still remain intact. That still will be explained correctly!

well devx, can u cite a few of the the 100s of light speed breaking observations of the last 50yrs except the the one in OPERA and the one in 2007 (both about neutrinos).also, why it seems unlikely that this is an error is because , out the three places where this experiment could've been done, two have reported similar results. and these were done thousands of times.also, Energy mass equivalence is derived from the two theories of relativity, which assume light travels fastest and and always at the same speed, irrespective of viewers frame of reference.

well devx, can u cite a few of the the 100s of light speed breaking observations of the last 50yrs except the the one in OPERA and the one in 2007 (both about neutrinos).

also, why it seems unlikely that this is an error is because , out the three places where this experiment could've been done, two have reported similar results. and these were done thousands of times.

also, Energy mass equivalence is derived from the two theories of relativity, which assume light travels fastest and and always at the same speed, irrespective of viewers frame of reference.

I wish i could because i had read it in a book as it ws there in my college library(i am not entirely a google copy paste guy!). The book itself was named something like more than speed of light etc hence drew my attention...
But you have perhaps not understood what i wrote, basically all this faster than c are anomalies or illusions and that they are always proved/justified keeping theory of rel. intact. And most of this occurs in quantum mechanics and very few in classical.

are talking about this Amazon.com: Faster Than the Speed of Light: The Story of a Scientific Speculation (9780738205250): Joao Magueijo: Books by Joao Magueijo?

from what it looks, he is saying that light speed was greater in the past, and that it is reducing. also its a very radical theory, but i dont think it mentions "things" moving faster than light.

nope that is not the correct book first....
and i never mentioned things, when u say things one gets into a big puddle bcoz of infinite energy requirements. This anomailes/suspected illusions happen mainly in Quantum mechs as i said and mainly deal with information exchange illusions. there is a whole branch of QM which deals with superluminal behaviour/phenomenon.

that is quantum entanglement. random information. its instantaneous. its very different from neutrinos. its not even particles, its information exchange between two particles.

Back