• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,631
  • Views Views 195,359
Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe yes🙂
im a vampireeeeeeeeeeeeeee ..thats what i live on ..broadband and blood!!!😎
lolz dude spare some bandwidth for us mere mortals as well !!!

first the anticipation of launch and now hiding your GPRS provider. youre killing us.

everyone lets guess his gprs provider. 😀

I'll give you a hint: it start's with "air", ends with "tel" and rhymes with "complete and utter arse".

I also retract my previous statement on Twitter that it works well in Bangalore. It was doing OK at the time (near CANTT), but in this area it's hopeless.

I'm told it's because I'm roaming and 3G roaming is messed up so it falls back to GPRS or something.

How much days does it take to lay fiber underground in the whole city say 1500-2000kms? Can you tell me the minimum time(approx)?

How much days does it take to lay fiber underground in the whole city say 1500-2000kms? Can you tell me the minimum time(approx)?

In urban areas, if micro-trenching is used and absolutely everything is 100% perfect with RoW and governmental things and no objections from residents or cablewalas, then 2,000km worth of fiber would take about 15,000 man hours.

But 2,000km of fiber would probably only cover South Mumbai. Mumbai's metropolitan area is generally accepted to be between 650 and 700sqkm, but of course if you're going to blanket the city with coverage you have to put the cable or at least have a termination point in each & every building).

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

I'll put it this way, in my relatively non-dense HomeTown of Hamilton, NZ, about 660km of fiber would be needed for it's area of 98sqkm and a population of less than 2 lakh residents... for Mumbai coverage, I'd say about 5,000km is needed to cover the parts of Mumbai where we would be able to supply services without problems.

It's not likely that we would supply services to slums and places where there's no official address and stuff like that - nor would we be likely to have subscribers in these areas either that I can ascertain (due to the relatively high prices), otherwise we could easily double that 5,000km.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but this is my slightly narrow-minded expectation at the moment.

In urban areas, if micro-trenching is used and absolutely everything is 100% perfect with RoW and governmental things and no objections from residents or cablewalas, then 2,000km worth of fiber would take about 15,000 man hours.

But 2,000km of fiber would probably only cover South Mumbai. Mumbai's metropolitan area is generally accepted to be between 650 and 700sqkm, but of course if you're going to blanket the city with coverage you have to put the cable or at least have a termination point in each & every building).

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

I'll put it this way, in my relatively non-dense HomeTown of Hamilton, NZ, about 660km of fiber would be needed for it's area of 98sqkm and a population of less than 2 lakh residents... for Mumbai coverage, I'd say about 5,000km is needed to cover the parts of Mumbai where we would be able to supply services without problems.

It's not likely that we would supply services to slums and places where there's no official address and stuff like that - nor would we be likely to have subscribers in these areas either that I can ascertain (due to the relatively high prices), otherwise we could easily double that 5,000km.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but this is my slightly narrow-minded expectation at the moment.

...which should take you around 45,000 man hours to cover the whole city or around 5,600 days.(8 hours per day). Then it's basically impossible to achieve nationwide coverage in credible amount of time by using the approach that you expand in one city fully and then move on. For cities like Nagpur to be covered in 3 years, you'll have to cover only 69 sqkm of each city?! that's insane!!
Clearly I'm making a mistake somewhere.

Atleast I'm correct here that it'd take around 300 days to expand fully in your own city?

Status
Not open for further replies.