Hayai Broadband Lite

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 46,492
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this mean for areas we can't yet provide access? Put simply: outside the wired coverage are we can still put an AP, but instead of being connected to fibre, we would put in one or more dedicated wireless relays at each AP on a different frequency to reach those areas we don't have wired access. This should help us ensure that those users can not only receive the Hayai Lite service, but that those users can receive the same level of service as people in the wired coverage area would get.

You say this then you say you'll have to put a cap of 30 GB to wireless because of technology issues -- that's not the same level of service at all. :D

You say this then you say you'll have to put a cap of 30 GB to wireless because of technology issues -- that's not the same level of service at all. :D
I'll admit I too think 30GB is a bit harsh... I was really looking forward to the 45GB plan he had before... As I m presently living in a smaller city in Maharashtra as of now I dont expect the Hayai wired connection to reach me in the next 5-7 yrs... So my only hope is Hayai expands its wireless operation quickly & reaches my city in the next 2 yrs :)... But 30GB isnt all that bad as we get 30GB of Hayai zone too making it 60GB max possible :) ...

Level refers to quality, not data transfer. As has been mentioned on many occasions, it's a service aimed at light users, not those who need more bandwidth.

It's up to us to tell you what you should get, it's up to you to actually choose the correct plan to suit your usage levels - if we tell you that you need Hayai Fibre to get the best experience out of your connection and you choose the lite service anyway, then if your performance suffers as a result, whose fault is that? The problem is compounded even more when it's not just one, but hundreds of other users.

I'll admit I too think 30GB is a bit harsh... I was really looking forward to the 45GB plan he had before...

We've never had a 45GB plan on wireless. We have thought about introducing one due to improved technology, but that's as far as it's got thus far.

As I m presently living in a smaller city in Maharashtra as of now I dont expect the Hayai wired connection to reach me in the next 5-7 yrs... So my only hope is Hayai expands its wireless operation quickly & reaches my city in the next 2 yrs :)...

Because we're no longer using WiMax, basically rollouts are simultaneous. If you can get Hayai Lite, chances are that you'll be able to get fiber (unless you're a super small village for which we might be using a wireless backhaul). It's easier that way.

But 30GB isnt all that bad as we get 30GB of Hayai zone too making it 60GB max possible :) ...

...you mean 60GB of Hayai Zone for a total of 90GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back