Hayai Broadband - Subscriber Terms & Conditions

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 155
  • Views Views 31,133
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to buy Hathway, I would have to buy ALL of Hathway (pan-India) or a stake in the company, which, unless I was able to procure a majority so that I could improve the service, would be a waste of time, money and effort. Moreover, I've not heard any whispers of Hathway being for sale.

But Bangalore isn't really a problem in any case, compared to Mumbai, constructing our own network is a bargain.

I wish you could buy Hathway. Presence in 13 cities with its valuation at all time low, I guess it can certainly use its assets in much better way, even for TV business (no HD yet). 8.4mn existing cable subscribers and 1.4mn internet subscribers. It would have put Hayai at different scale altogether.

I wish you could buy Hathway. Presence in 13 cities with its valuation at all time low, I guess it can certainly use its assets in much better way, even for TV business (no HD yet). 8.4mn existing cable subscribers and 1.4mn internet subscribers. It would have put Hayai at different scale altogether.

Based on very little information, that would give it's broadband business an approximate valuation of Rs 8,40,00,00,000. Sadly though, I've not heard anything about them coming up for sale, and even if they did and I had 840Cr to spare, they'd probably try and fetch double the market rate.

Their current market cap is Rs 1100cr and have debt of Rs 275cr on its book. Rs 1400 Cr for all the TV broadcast and internet business.

Their current market cap is Rs 1100cr and have debt of Rs 275cr on its book. Rs 1400 Cr for all the TV broadcast and internet business.

So I wasn't far off.

So I wasn't far off.

Well, Hathway derives bulk of its valuation from Cable TV business. Its cable TV valuation itself will skyrocket if it manage its operations as efficiently as other DTH operators. Internet is just an add on. I don't think any analyst will value it at Rs 840cr.

As you will be aware, there are many other players in this space, like Den network or WWIL, who have good network and reach but the valuations are quite low due to relatively inefficient operations.

As you will be aware, there are many other players in this space, like Den network or WWIL, who have good network and reach but the valuations are quite low due to relatively inefficient operations.
about this wwil...i was once seeing the interview of its ceo in tv18. He was speaking the similar crap BB revolution is about to come, low penetration etc..and how his company will be a major player in the space and huge investments are lined up. He was speaking as If
they will be the next internet czar.But looks like he slept after saying that. :P

If I were to buy Hathway, I would have to buy ALL of Hathway (pan-India) or a stake in the company, which, unless I was able to procure a majority so that I could improve the service, would be a waste of time, money and effort. Moreover, I've not heard any whispers of Hathway being for sale.

But Bangalore isn't really a problem in any case, compared to Mumbai, constructing our own network is a bargain.

If it isnt a problem then please start some infrastructure layout asap so that you can launch here atleast by next diwali, demand for high speed broadband is very high in bangalore, techies here havent spared even the bsnl ipad sim which is out of stock here in all the BSNL CSC's.

If it isnt a problem then please start some infrastructure layout asap so that you can launch here atleast by next diwali, demand for high speed broadband is very high in bangalore, techies here havent spared even the bsnl ipad sim which is out of stock here in all the BSNL CSC's.

After. The. Launch.

We will surely be in Bangalore well before next Diwali, even if in limited areas. Planning can take a couple of months but implementation can accelerate easily enough as resources become available to do so.

You are planning in Bangalore? Huh? what about Hyderabad?
My humble Request is please launch in hyderabad in Following Areas by 2012 Diwali:

[*]Begumpet
[*]panjagutta
[*]Banjara Hills
[*]Jublee Hills
[*]Hitech City
[/list]

You are planning in Bangalore? Huh? what about Hyderabad?
My humble Request is please launch in hyderabad in Following Areas by 2012 Diwali:

[*]Begumpet
[*]panjagutta
[*]Banjara Hills
[*]Jublee Hills
[*]Hitech City
[/list]

That's all VERY much Beam territory. Hopefully they won't get too annoyed at this competitor ;)

As you should know, we're planning to go everywhere that is feasible, and I've put links even in my signature to allude to the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back