Hayai Broadband - Subscriber Terms & Conditions

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 155
  • Views Views 31,133
Status
Not open for further replies.
No i am trying to say .. You would certainly get good customer base in these areas as most of them are paying 2k+ For internet it may be Airtel or Beam.Apparently i stay in one of those areas :P

No i am trying to say .. You would certainly get good customer base in these areas as most of them are paying 2k+ For internet it may be Airtel or Beam.
Apparently i stay in one of those areas :P

Subject to feasibility. Let us launch first, then only we can realistically figure out the next steps.

After. The. Launch.

We will surely be in Bangalore well before next Diwali, even if in limited areas. Planning can take a couple of months but implementation can accelerate easily enough as resources become available to do so.
I am quite sure that my area wont be covered initially, hoping for atleast hayai lite before next diwali.

Still looking forward to Tier 2 cities, MG...!!
We are stuck in 512 kbps BSNL BB......!! :(

Too well aware of it, and I feel your pain - after moving from a country where I had 100mbit/s Internet to all of 230kbit/s GPRS was one of the most painful things ever, and the whole reason Hayai got started.

I am quite sure that my area wont be covered initially, hoping for atleast hayai lite before next diwali.

I guess this is where all that market research and all the unofficial maps/polls will come in handy, won't it?

I guess this is where all that market research and all the unofficial maps/polls will come in handy, won't it?

i dont think so, not many people know about hayai, but whenever i discuss hayai pricing, speeds etc with anyone they just ask "when will it come in our area, we are ready to remove our pathetic X,Y,Z broadband connection" :D

BTW are you going to utilize railwire's bandwidth/infrastructure in bangalore? i dont remember but you said something about railwire and hayai in the past.

i dont think so, not many people know about hayai, but whenever i discuss hayai pricing, speeds etc with anyone they just ask "when will it come in our area, we are ready to remove our pathetic X,Y,Z broadband connection" :D

It would be nice for us to know about these people - without numbers (whether unofficial or official) we can't do anything because we'll have no idea that there is any demand in that area.

BTW are you going to utilize railwire's bandwidth/infrastructure in bangalore? i dont remember but you said something about railwire and hayai in the past.

Railtel doesn't have any last mile infrastructure anywhere, the infrastructure it has built is purely for inter-city transit, but it's stupidly expensive.

The Railwire service relies on cable providers for it's last-mile distribution.

I just found out this interesting presentation by RailTel where it wants to use a PPP model for broadband using RailTel OFC and RoW infrastructure. It's at http://www.railtelindia.com/pdf/PlanningCommpresentation.pdf
PPP Partners shall utilize Indian Railways ROW, assigned exclusively to it, utilize RailTel's existing IP infrastructure, including Railway infrastructure to provide broadband services on PPP basis.

One weird thing is that RailTel wants to provide Internet bandwidth themselves; I am not sure if it allows partners to use their own Internet bandwidth.

Another weird thing is that RailTel has 800 towers; RailTel doesn't have any wireless operations as far as I know. Maybe the towers are for the roll-out of GSM-R in Indian Railways. Or maybe the towers are being used in a sharing arrangement with cellular operators which use RailTel infrastructure.

Will this plan/project for broadband be useful to Hayai?

Are BSNL and RailTel the only major providers of inter-city traffic? Do other telecom operators always lease bandwidth through these companies or do they also lay out their own fiber between cities?

I just found out this interesting presentation by RailTel where it wants to use a PPP model for broadband using RailTel OFC and RoW infrastructure. It's at http://www.railtelindia.com/pdf/PlanningCommpresentation.pdf

They've been wanting to do this for years, but the price at which they want to lease out infrastructure is magnitudes higher than it costs to build - they still want to charge out the same rates they could get 5 years ago, despite falls in prices everywhere else, including the cost of materials and everything else too.

One weird thing is that RailTel wants to provide Internet bandwidth themselves; I am not sure if it allows partners to use their own Internet bandwidth.

It does, and some providers do it already.

Another weird thing is that RailTel has 800 towers; RailTel doesn't have any wireless operations as far as I know. Maybe the towers are for the roll-out of GSM-R in Indian Railways. Or maybe the towers are being used in a sharing arrangement with cellular operators which use RailTel infrastructure.

They have their own wireless infrastructure for their own use - that's what most of Railtel's operations are for. They've built all this fiber, and now they're utilizing it in such a way that it's paying for itself, but not really making them any money, even though huge amounts of the available capacity is sitting idle (due to the aforementioned prices).

Will this plan/project for broadband be useful to Hayai?

It would, and I'd love to start using it. I've been to speak with the GM of Railtel's Western division on numerous occasions, without a great deal of success as yet - they're certainly interested, but it comes down to price: if only they didn't charge like wounded bulls for the capacity.

The way it is now, it's far cheaper for me to get say, VSNL to deliver me bandwidth in a multi-drop situation than to get everything delivered to 1 or 2 main spots and then distribute it myself; that is to say, if I order for example 100gbit/s from them, they deliver 25gbit/s to Mumbai, 25 to Delhi, and 10 each to Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai & Bangalore respectively... or whatever is needed, rather than the slightly more ideal situation of getting 100gbit/s to Mumbai and distributing it however I see fit.

Are BSNL and RailTel the only major providers of inter-city traffic? Do other telecom operators always lease bandwidth through these companies or do they also lay out their own fiber between cities?

BSNL and Railtel are among the largest in terms of route-kilometers, but VSNL, Tata, Reliance and a number of other companies across various all have got fiber going all over the place - and weirdly, there's "still not enough" for everybody (which to me actually means there's not enough at reasonable prices).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back