HD Access Fees on Tata Sky DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter P.T.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 24,736
nope. just a stupid automated reply.jaymin and indianmascot are first hand d2h users. they are quite active over on the d2h threads. they would be able to provide you with better feedback. i havent used d2h first hand.

Thanks buddy!I will look up for their posts

Why not send this entire thread to Tata Sky and see what they responds to it

where do i send it? to their social media team? have you seen the kind of responses they post on forum and twitter and facebook?

these people have no power to do anything. they are just to log complaints and forward it to concerned departments. nothing more.

and they tend to ignore things that is beyond their grasp of understanding.

I got a message inside Tata Sky DVR that this change has been done due to popular customer demand.I am subscribed to all channels yearly pack. But this is clearly a d***ish move by TS to milk their DTH customers who have HD TVs.

That is correct. You will need to pay an additional Rs. 100 per month.

Only Rd.100 more? No per channel charges? Also, later on, if I want a hd channel which is not part of my original pack, then I will have to subscribe to the sd and hd versions of the same channel, right? And pay both charges?

Only Rd.100 more? No per channel charges? Also, later on, if I want a hd channel which is not part of my original pack, then I will have to subscribe to the sd and hd versions of the same channel, right? And pay both charges?

Yeah. If you want an HD channel for which you do not currently have the SD variant of, you will have to subscribe to said SD variant. You cannot subscribe to the HD channel, you can only get "access" to it when you have its SD counterpart.

tl;dr So, you will be paying "only" for the SD channels (not taking into account the audacious HD access fees).

You just have to add the SD version of the channel by paying Ala-carte fee. If you are already paying the HD Access fee, it gets added automatically.

I sent a mail to Chief Service Officer (cso@Tata Sky.com) last week as soon as I got the call from tata sky rep. A person by name Nityanand called from the CSO office and informed that there is nothing he can do but give me 3 months subscription free after which I need to shell out additional 200+ to view all HD Content.I bought the HD+ Set top box 7 months back and when I asked if he can refund, he said no. He kept saying he can understand while he knows i'm stuck with their stupid changes. Absolute crap. I can't think of trusting the TATA brand any more... no clue how D2H service is. Let me check! Total #FAIL

Back