HD Channel gets I&B Ministry nod

• Thread starter Thread starter MVC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,040

MVC

ISP
Etisalat
For all those who awaited with bated breath HD channels will be beamed exclusively on DTH Eight new television channels, including politician Vijaykanth-promoted Captain TV and Discovery’s HD channel have been approved by the Government last week.Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo and a high-definition channel, announced in August last year, will be on air soon, said the network in a statement. Discovery HD will be available on digital platforms such as DTH. Discovery HD will be in 1080i along with 5.1 surrounds sound, will be launched on the digital platform Earlier in June NG got the necessary permission to downlink four new channels, Fox Channels (India) — National Geographic HD, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Adventure and Nat Geo Music — to India. With this, the NGC Network India will have a bouquet of at least six channels, including the National Gegraphic channel and the Fox History & Entertainment channel.Well the BIGTV guys would be more interested to bring in news channels and take the count to 200+ like Rajat Sharma's Independent News Service ( two channels- both in english and hindi as if one was not enough) & Raftar TV or CAPTAIN TV.... Dont get surprised if they get added in on the BIGTV Birthday Bash Now for some SPICY Stuff Adult-rated foreign films may be allowed on digital platformsWith broadcasters and the government close to working out a new content code for television, foreign movies with partial nudity and mature content may soon be allowed at all time bands on digital addressable media platforms like direct-to-home (DTH) serviceAmong several things, the I&B ministry has favourably responded to our draft content code on inclusion of adult content, specially in foreign cinema, on digital platforms, with facility of parental lock. This was there in the original draft code in 1994 but struck out later,” Jawahar Goel, president, IBF, told

Wow...There couldnt have been a better news than this. Well we [atleast me] were already aware of Discovery Health/Turbo/HD, and Nat Geo Music/Adventure/Wild/HD, but this allowance of adult content on foreign cinema seems news to me. Its great anyways. Moreover, some more international chs are coming as well which will soon be available like AXN Beyond, Sci-Fi, Universal, Trace TV, Baby TV. FX and Fox Crime which are currently only on Sun Direct DTH will soon be extended to other DTH platforms...!

This is great news. My brother will soon have another reason to get a big screen!

Happy news for all who eagerly await Adult channels. India is currupet in many areas but acting touchy on this most wanted stuff

Back