Help - Configuring DataOne in new laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter renjurose
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,415

renjurose

ISP
BSNL DataOne
I was using bsnl dataone broadband connection from a laptop @ home. Bought a new laptop yesterday and I am not able to connect to the Internet using the same dataone hardware. Please some one help me with the configuraion asap. Thanks a ton.

are you connected wirelessly or wired?? go to the command prompt (Start->Run and type cmd) and then type ipconfig and post output here..screenshot would do..

I was using bsnl dataone broadband connection from a laptop @ home. Bought a new laptop yesterday and I am not able to connect to the Internet using the same dataone hardware. Please some one help me with the configuraion asap. Thanks a ton.

If you use xp, then no problem. If you use Windows Vista, the drivers of the harware wont work with Vista. BSNL gave drivers only for W 98, 2000 and XP. I think thats the problem.

Tell whether your modem hardware driver is successfully installed or not ?

http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/menu.html
Q1>What is your modem Model ?
Q2.>How do you connect both laptops to the modem/router?
Q3>or you use them independently ?
Q4> Do you use a Dialer mode to connect or "Always On " ?
Q5. If you use the Lanport or WIFI mode did you configure in your new laptop either network connection ?
INFO:. No need for addl drivers ( if you do not use USB port of the modem/router) May be ethernet card and or wireless network card needs update to VISTA.
If recently purchased pre configured, the company must have installed it.
Feedback.

Back