Help configuring wi fi with MTNL Conn

• Thread starter Thread starter jogesh1971
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,856

jogesh1971

ISP
MTNL
dear allurgent request for help ...1. How do i get my jig consisting of a D-Link 502T router for a MTNL Broadband connection to work with my Buffalo wireless access point (WHR G-125)2. I am able to access internet on the desktop without a hitch ... however problems arise when i attach a USB Dongle to my laptop (Netgear WG 111v3) 3. The laptop detects the wireless connection (Buffalo)but is never able to acquire a network address....4. I assume it is some problem with the setting ...hope you can find some solution for it thanks in advancejogesh

are you sure you turned on DHCP in the router? have you tried with manual ip ?

Try some other wireless adapter perhaps to see if the problem is with the Netgear thingy. If your PC works fine, then most probably its something wrong with the Netgear adapter. Try installing drivers/updating firmware on it?Settings for the Netgear adapter:If DHCP is enabled in the buffalo router, then set IP/DNS/etc. to auto (obtain automatically).

good helping

Pl help me to configure DSL ,D-Link-502T of Broadband,MTNL Delhi with Linksay SPA2102

@pritam99 For configuring the D-Link 502T check out Socrates?s experience: Configuring the D-Link 502T router for MTNL Broadband Do it yourself
& for the SPA2102 check out Linksys.com - Support/Technical Support/Choose a Product/Routers and Access Points/VoIP Routers/SPA2102/Downloads where u will find the 'User Guide ' & 'Quick Install guide' which will help. Also have a look at these two sites
Linksys SPA 2102 voip settings and sip configuration, setup guide

Problems with Linksys SPA-2102 NA Analog VoIP Adapter

Dear Socrates,I am thankfull for your advise.I am able to configure SPA2102 and is getting internet acive through it.Power plug as well as internet lights up (green) & keep on flikring,when internet is being used.But when i connect phone ,No light in Phone 1 or phone 2.No dial tone.In setup of SPA 2102 through Web 192.168.2.1,it shows that line 1 --Regestration -Failed. In line 2 it shows Not registered.Pl let me know how to activate phone line.MTNL delhi says i have to buy their ATA instrument and they only will activate the VOIP service through this.:(:(:(:(:redface:

I have checked the rules for VOIP in Mumbai & it seems to be just like what MTNL Delhi tells u, about using MTNL ATA instrument. Maybe u can ask them (as a special case hopefully :ashamed:) if there is an option of using your instrument, like in the case of ADSL modems. Preferably meet someone at a very senior level. Frankly in my case if I have to use VOIP I would opt for google talk or win live messenger.

members/pritam99/
No problem with BSNL BB in Chennai. using Vonage for almost one year.
Which VOIP provider you are using ? Vonage ?. Check whether the Service provider, has been changed in U.S.(?)

reference :Linksys.com - Partners/Service Provider Products/Telephones and Voice/SPA2102

Update: MTNL VOIP is also similar to Vonage.
MTNL Launches IPTV Services On Broadband
(Faq is about VOIP)
Q. What kind of phones can I use with the service?
Ans. Most standard touchtone phones work with MTNL VoIP Service. However, you cannot use older pulse-dial phones.

Q. Do I get another phone number with MTNL VoIP Service?
Ans. When you sign up to MTNL VoIP Service you are given a 8 digit SIP ID number starting with 22.
You will also keep your existing landline number. etc

I an using the same Buffalo router and I did not have any prob configuring it for my laptop. Of course I had a built in wireless receiver on the laptop so may be the dongle...But I also think that a manual ip works better in such cases.Can you talk us through each of your connections so we can understand the exact problem better.

Back