Help me achieve full speed of 100 mbps in this networking

• Thread starter Thread starter amansingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7,819
ISP
Airtel Vfibre
Guys i have airtel vdsl 100 mbps connection. however my modem is 777vr1 which Airtel uses for providing 40mbps speed. if i connect laptop with ethernet i get 100 mbps speed on laptop and if i connect through wifi i get 40-50 mbps.
Then in order to get 100 mbps over wifi i connected my spare Netplus modem to 777vr1 with ethernet as extender, and as netplus modem is capable of delivering more than 100 mbps, i expected the speed over wifi of netplus modem to be 100 mbps. But the speed was 40-50mbps only.

Can anyone guide here how can i achieve 100 mbps with this setup?

Screenshot_20190329-233830.webp

If you access the admin panel of 777vr1 modem, you can see the attenuation and SNR margin (down and up stream) and also there you see down stream and up stream rates. If the downstream rates is 90000+ Kbps, then only you will get near to 100 Mbps speeds.

PS - This SS is of beetel modem.

Upvote 0
View attachment 4090
If you access the admin panel of 777vr1 modem, you can see the attenuation and SNR margin (down and up stream) and also there you see down stream and up stream rates. If the downstream rates is 90000+ Kbps, then only you will get near to 100 Mbps speeds.

PS - This SS is of beetel modem.
This is what i have

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    289.7 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
@amansingh After looking at your SNR Margin Down Stream, I think you can get around 75-80 Mbps or maybe a little bit more. Currently, it is set at around 75 Mbps.

Upvote 0
SNR value depends on a lot of factors such as attenuation, loop length, external wiring quality from Junction box till your home.
SNR below 10 can lead to unstable connection. That's why they set it around 10 at the lowest. You can ask Airtel for new external wiring but it may not solve the problem. You can also ask them for a router replacement to 5GHz one. (They may charge for this, just threaten to disconnect and it might work).

Upvote 0
I think it was around 99000. Yesterday technician visited due to unstable connection. I think he messed up something so snr dropped to 75000.

Upvote 0

Back