Help me choose between Linksys OR Belkin ADSL Modems

• Thread starter Thread starter netlogixs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,137

netlogixs

ISP
BSNL
Friends please help me to know the difference between Linksys WAG54G2 and WAG120N, there is a cost difference of 1000/- between the 2 models. I would like to know what is the main difference between them. I could not find any reference to WAG120N in this form too.How is the failure rate or MTBF of these 2 Linksys modems as I am not able to find any good detailed reviews of either models given above. How is Belkin model F5D7634sa4A in terms of connectivity, failure, and other such parameters.Please help me out with this query or should I go in for BSNL Teracom ADSL wi-fi modem (1600/-)

WAG120N supports 802.11n!

My Belkin failed in a DAYMy Linksys Failed in a YearMy Cheap 1500Rs D-Link still works(2.5 yrs) =)But I would suggest Linksys. I liked it the best

I would recommend Belkin because it have lifetime warranty

Meh. I threw mine. Its really really bad. Takes like a minute to start

Every modem/router takes sometime to start. Does it make a diference if Linksys takes 30 sec and Belkin 1 minute. ( I agree it takes around 1 minute to get adsl link but it doesnt drop link after getting it)
It can be termed bad if it loses connection, drop link, gets hanged.
See my ADSL Stats of my Belkin adsl G wireless modem. My SNR is 7 but still the link is rock solid and doesn't get disconnected while with BSNL modem my connection used to drop like hell after every 10-15 mins
http://img228.imageshack.us/i/belkin.png/

my D-Link is instant, takes no time to get going. Plug it in and zooooom.same with linksysonly Belkin takes time and gives errors- Rs1800 wasted.

The rates I am getting these modems: 1. Linksys WAG54G2----Rs.3800/- (1 yr warr)2. Linksys WAG120N-----Rs.2800/- (1 yr warr) 3. Belkin F5D7634sa4A------Rs.2950/- (3 yr warr)4. BSNL Teracom------Rs.1664/- (1 yr warr)

Back