Help Needed to Choose DTH service

• Thread starter Thread starter prabha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,401

prabha

ISP
You Telecom
I have Windows XP MCE with Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 (MCE version) Card. Since I work night shifts I record lot of programs on various channels at different timings. There are some programs I save for future viewings, I don't delete them. All this setup has been working fine till now with normal Analog Cable connection, since my TV Tuner Card's software could change the channel accordingly. But now DHT has become compulsory in my area. My software cannot change the channel, it has to be changed on the Set-top Box. I have checked a lot of Set-top Boxes, most have they have the reminder feature but one needs to press some button in order to change the channel to see the program the reminder was set for. I don't know how I will be able to record different programs this way. I heard about the latest Tata Sky+ too, where I can record the programs but I can't transfer them to my PC so it does not seem to be of any use either. Hathway Set-top box can change the channel but they don't provide service in my area :( Can someone please tell me which DTH service I should use so that I can record programs from different channels at different timings on my PC while I am not around. Thank you.

crrently there is only one...Tata Sky PLUS...go for it!!!

crrently there is only one...Tata Sky PLUS...go for it!!!

He said, TS+ is no use to him..as he cant transfer contents to the PC.. Read the entire post again

Hi Prbhacan u please send me the sets involved to set dth using happuage card.i am not able to view any channel

Back