• Thread starter Thread starter shantam2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,940

shantam2005

IrRegulars
ISP
Maha Mediacom
Hey guys. It's been a long time since I last used my desktop (Which is an 8 year old machine). Now I plan to upgrade the thing to play games like GTA IV on it. I am new to all this and need your suggestions on the upgrade.Here are the current specs: (Please Don't laugh on the specs)Intel Pentium IV256MB RAM:rofl:Intel D845GLAD Chipset with Onboard Graphics:rofl:A DVD Writer ( Don't know which Brand)Samsung CD ROMSeagate 40GB HDD:rofl:This is all I remember about it. Please suggest what all I need to upgrade.And if you think that upgrading is not a good Idea, suggest me a New Config

You will need to buy a new machine entirely if you intend to play all the latest games cuz none of your present components will be of any use then (including power supply, cabinet, etc.).It would be better if you could tell us your budget first as there are hell lot of options available in the market today.

My netbook has more power....lol, you need an entire new pc, you could reuse the dvd writer and cd drive and if your hard disk is SATA then it could be used as well

well yeah. you would have to set a budget and then we can suggest possible configurations.

Alright.My budget for a New PC is 35k bucks. I would like an assembled one. The main usage of the PC will be for Gaming but I don't play any other game than GTA IV or any other new game in this series.

here is a question. if your primary purpose is to play GTAIV and similar games... why not get an Xbox 360 or PS3? cheaper and more efficient way of gaming.

Actually I would have loved to buy a Gaming Console but a Console will not be a very good idea for my place, Since here neither will I be able to buy a console, nor will I get games for it here. Downloading games for Xbox 360 or PS3 from the internet is also not a good Idea because my internet speed is 256kbps.The nearest place where I can get place for PS3 or XBox 360 is about 270 Km away. That's why I prefer a computer because If I am unable to play games, it can surely be used for other purposes.

A lot of sites provide home delivery for ps3/xbox stuff. Anyways it's your option

Hi Dude, If you want to build a rig only for gaming, 35K would not do. You need to spend at least 50 K. But considering the fact that you would also do other activities, we can build a pretty decent gaming rig for your budget.The mentioned prices are based on chennai. It may vary according to your placeMotherboard -Intel i3 - 530(2.93 GHz, 4MB Cache) 5700kProcessor -Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 16x, S, L, DDR3 7700kGraphics Card -ATI 1 GB Model-4670(XFX) ATI PCX-16X,D,DDR3 4600kRam -Kingston DDR 3 1333 2975kHard Disk- Seagate 500 GB 2350kCabinet/SMPS - 3000kMonitior -Dell 20'' S2009W Wide + Dvi 7000kSpeaker -Creative SBS 2.1 A300 1300k TOTAL= 34625kAny suggestions are welcome.

Back