Help Please - How to Connect Grandstream HT502 voip router to work with BSNL's Huawei MT882?

• Thread starter Thread starter sharav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 8,870

sharav

ISP
bsnl dataone
Guys-I have this Grandstream HT502 router from Phonepower VOIP service. It's been working fine with Airtel broadband connection when plugged in like this :Airtel Modem -> Grandstream HT502 -> Computer.Now I'm trying to use this HT502 with BSNL connection at my folks place. I've setup the MT882 to be always on(previosuly was a dialup). Here is the status:Huawei MT882 -> Grandstream HT502 -> Computer : DOESNOT WORKHuawei MT882 -> Computer : WORKS FINEHuawei MT882 -> Grandstream HT502 : DOESNOT WORKI tried DHCP and static on MT882, but still doesnt work. Your help is greatly appreciated !Sharav.

Does the VOIP service work ?

If not Open for computer to work.
http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html admin admin

Select SUMMARY
check line 0_35
Will show PPPoE with "red" button and "NOTE" icon.
click Note wait should show "GREEN"
Check Diagnostics page.

report "Fail" entries.

Hi essbebeNo the voip doesnt work. I'm not getting the ip assigned from Huawei to grandstream. Here is the status log of grandstream after I setup PPoE Always On/DHCP Enabled on Huawei and a network setup of Huawei MT882 -> Grandstream HT502 -> PC:MAC Address: WAN-- XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:B5 LAN-- XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:B4 (Device MAC) WAN IP Address: Product Model: HT-502 V1.1B Software Version: Program-- 1.0.1.32 Bootloader-- 1.0.0.9 Core-- 1.0.0.32 Base-- 1.0.0.83 System Up Time: 19:02:17 up 2 min PPPoE Link Up: Disabled NAT: UnknownAnd Yes, I'm getting the green on PPPoE if I connect my PC directly to Huawei.

Yes it had dhcp enabled but not PPPoE. I was using it with Airtel previously which was not configured on PPPoE.

1.Confirm you are getting connected to Internet in "Always On"
mode.
MT882==>> computer==.. Internet on

2.Start run type cmd type ipconfig /all
Post data.

3.Start/ Network/LAN/Proerties
TCp/Ip
properties
select obtain IP adddress automatically.
SAVE apply.

4.Mt882==>>grandstream== computer
can you access the Ip of grandstream ?
or 192.168.1.1

5.1. Connect a standard touch-tone analog telephone (or fax machine) to PHONE port (or PHONE1,
PHONE2 port for HT386/496/502).
2. Connect a PSTN telephone line to LINE port (optional, applies to HT386/486/488/503 only).
3. Insert the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port (HT286/386) or WAN port (HT486/488/496/502/503) of
HandyTone and connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an uplink port (a router or a modem, etc.).
4. Connect a PC to the LAN port of HandyTone (optional, applies to HT486/488/496/502/503 only).
5. Insert the power adapter into the HandyTone and connect it to an electrical outlet.
6. Using the HandyTone embedded web server or IVR (Interactive Voice Prompt) menu, you can further
configure the phone using either a static IP or DHCP.

Configuring the HandyTone using a Web Browser
1. From the analog phone, press *** to get into the IVR menu. Enter option 02 to obtain the HandyTone’s IP
address.
2. For HT486/488/496/502/503, please enable the “WAN side HTTP access” option by entering IVR
option 12 and press 9. A reboot or power cycle of the HandyTone is required after this change.
You can
also access the HandyTone’s web configuration from a PC connected to the LAN port via 192.168.2.1.
3. Type the HandyTone’s IP address in your PC browser.
4. Log in using password “admin” to configure the HandyTone.

You will need the following information to configure the HandyTone via the web browser:
1. IP address, subnet mask and gateway IP if using static IP.
2. SIP server and/or Outbound Proxy FQDN or IP address.

REF:Grandstream - Innovative IP Telephony
http://grandstream.com/documents/HTQuickInstallGuide.pdf
http://www.grandstream.com/user_manuals/HT502_User_Manual.pdf

Back