• Thread starter Thread starter coolbuddyin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,440

coolbuddyin

Regular
ISP
dataone
hi please help me regarding Netgear WGR614 wireless router.,how can we use it for shceduling the dataone connection for night unlimited usageand is any way we can dial the connection manually from pcplease help mehow can dial the connection using wireless using bsnl type II modem

are you using the Netgear router to dial or the bsnl router to dial???its easier to make the bsnl modem/router to dial as there are many tutorials in the forum to help you with that!!there are scripts to restart too!!.. it depends on what u want...do u want the computer to dial or the modem to dial?? scheduling a connection is different for both..

i'm using Netgear router to dialcan i make my computer to dial instead of routeri want it to be scheduled...please help me in thatand i also want to know how can one use type II modem for dialing using wirelss method..will it be same as dialing over ethernet ..please help

i havent personally tried dialing wirelessly.. but i think it should work.. go to your wireless router's configuration page.. and change from ppoe mode to bridge mode.. i think in the Netgear config page you will find an option called "i dont need to dial to my isp"or something...Then go to control panel,network and connection.. you will find a wizard called setup a connection wizard..then select setup manually etc etc.. you should be able to folllow the instructions ...then as ur username type [email protected] if u r an old user .. if u recently got a connection [email protected] ...then connect!!

if u have multiple pcs at home , then better use ppoe mode!!acutally you will have to use.. incase u want internet on all pcs simultaneously!!

I'M DUMB AT WIFI..please tell me,if i purchase a type II modem and want to access to internet over wireless in laptop ..how can i dial the connection and schedule the same

scheduling Netgear for night unlimited could be tough.. cause normally scheduling a router for restart requires you to connect to the router via telnet and sending a restart command.. i am not sure if netgear has that facility to connect via telnet.. what you could do is schedule your bsnl modem to do that... bsnl modem has the option to restart modem via telnet!!

bsnl modem has the option to restart modem via telnet!! ---can explain the procedure in detail....thanks in advance

Back