• Thread starter Thread starter sunragav
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,744

sunragav

ISP
TataIndicomWimax
I have a klipsch subwoofer sub10.
The subwoofer is down. No response. No LED. But electric shocks observed on the screws in the backside of the speaker when I touched them when connected to the power supply and switched on.
I am trying to figure out the reason. First time happed just 10 days from the date of purchase. I got a replacement. This second one worked well for 4 months and facing the same problem again now from yesterday. In the user manual of subwoofer it is clearly written that the
subwoofer should be supplied with the exact power
supply specified in the back side of the unit, where it is
specified as 230V 50Hz, 1.0 A near the jack-in point.
I think it is suitable with Indian condition which is normally 240V 50Hz 5A to 15 A.The reason I could find is that I receive electric shock from the conducting surfaces (metal casing , component video in , audio in points etc) of all the devices connected to my power strip. I am using this power strip to power my Onkyo TXSR606 AV receiver, Subwoofer, PS3 and DVD player. But inspite of this shock the other devices are not affected.
I want to know what could be the reason for the subwoofer going down often. What are the precautions and saftey measures I should take to protect my HTS and subwoofer in particular. I have Klipsch F1 5.1 speaker package. All the other speakers are passive speakers. The onkyo TX Sr 606 receiver , DVD player and PS3 are connected to the same strip but it is the subwoofer that face this problem often(two times so far). I want to get educated about having a proper power protection for my expensive HTS. No fuse failiure or circuit breakers are detected to prove high surge.
Suggestion to any proven UPS and surge protector power strip suitable for Hometheatre systems and available in India are welcome. I found the following discussion useful but it talks about products in america and prices in dollors.
Vote YES for power protection! - Blu-ray Forum
Can some one please suggest the same with products (UPS and surge protector power strip )available in India.
thanks
Sundara raghavan

Back